• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

I'll show you mine if you show me yours! 590 photo thread!

I just joined the forum and decided to post here first...as this is the reason I joined - my Mossberg 590 Mariner manufactured in '94. I bought it used in 2008 and added the Mesa Tactical side saddle, Hogue overmoulded stock and forend (the original synthetic stock was loooooong), and the Vang Comp safety. Other than that, I just play around with it and keep it in the closet just in case. I always wanted ghost ring sights, but Mossberg doesn't sell the 20" mariner accessory barrel with a front ghost ring sight...and anything else just seems like a hassle. I always contemplate getting a different screw in front sight, but haven't ever done it. I just talked my best friend into getting a Mossberg 500 field/security combo for his first gun, so had Mossberg on the brain lately and decided to join!

Welcome aboard.

Great lookin Mariner and nicely done spreading the Mossberg love to your friend. My 590A1 has ghost rings and they're great for lining up shots at 50-100yd. Any closer than that and I find myself reaching for the 590 or one of the 930's which all have beads. The Meprolight Tru-Dot tritium bead will give you a slightly taller, wider front bead. It appears white in daylight and glows nice and bright in the dark/low light...

Welcome aboard.

Great lookin Mariner and nicely done spreading the Mossberg love to your friend. My 590A1 has ghost rings and they're great for lining up shots at 50-100yd. Any closer than that and I find myself reaching for the 590 or one of the 930's which all have beads. The Meprolight Tru-Dot tritium bead will give you a slightly taller, wider front bead. It appears white in daylight and glows nice and bright in the dark/low light...

Thanks for the welcome! Yeah, I will definitely take a look at that bead sight. My goal is to eventually be accurate at 50-100 yards, which is why I continue to consider the ghost rings...but until I find a front sight that's a clamp or sleeve type that I like (and doesn't cost an arm and a leg), I'll probably just stick with it as is. It gets the job done!

Understood.

Having shot both, only down side I find with ghost rings is that they are a bit slower on target acquisition compared to a bead. They're great for accuracy, but snapping on target for an initial shot and even follow-up shots are much faster with a simple bead. Nothing practice with ghost rings can't remedy though...

I figured I'd start by sharing a photo of my 590. It's been treated rough in the field but always cleaned up when we get back home and has served me well.

I've pretty much run it stock until recently, but for it's 20th birthday I figured I'd dress it up some :)

590_18JUN_zpsaec00310.jpg

Specs:
Mossberg 590 20" bbl bead sight
NOS wood furniture from Numrich
Brownells extended steel safety
CMD MTR mount
Streamlight TLR-1S
HSGI velcro shell caddy
Blackhawk sling and Talon swivels

Remington 00 buck managed recoil patterns great and is a comfortable load to shoot so that's what I usually feed it.

Specs:
590A1 "Black Water"
20" heavy barrel
9 shot cap
XS ghost ring sights
Cerakoted Tungsten
Wolff extra power magazine spring
GG&G enhanced follower (changing to s&j delrin in the next couple days)
Magpul SGA stock
Magpul 1/2" stock riser
Magopul SGA single point sling mount
Brownells enchanced safety selector
Magpul moe forend
rubberized grip panels for moe forend
Elzetta ZSM light mount
Olight M18 Maverick; 500 lumen max / strobe

Last edited:
I figured I'd start by sharing a photo of my 590. It's been treated rough in the field but always cleaned up when we get back home and has served me well.

I've pretty much run it stock until recently, but for it's 20th birthday I figured I'd dress it up some :)

590_18JUN_zpsaec00310.jpg

Specs:
Mossberg 590 20" bbl bead sight
NOS wood furniture from Numrich
Brownells extended steel safety
CMD MTR mount
Streamlight TLR-1S
HSGI velcro shell caddy
Blackhawk sling and Talon swivels

Remington 00 buck managed recoil patterns great and is a comfortable load to shoot so that's what I usually feed it.

Man, I love the wood. I've been loving the classic furniture on the modern shotty for a bit now. Might have to make a change myslef!

Back