• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

I'll show you mine if you show me yours! 590 photo thread!

That just looks so dam sweet with that magpul furniture. Don't know what it is about that furniture but I just love the look of it.

Just put some new furniture on my M590A1. I thought I liked it before.....

IMG_00121.jpg

Looks great...

I sure wish I could take better pictures.

Anyway -- here is my 590

Modified with Magpul stock and recoil pad, Magpul Fore-end with two rails, Ontario OK3S bayonet, Streamlight ProTac HL 3 (1100 lumens), Vickers sling and Magpul QD swivel and rail-attach

DSC00413_zpsb99f6756.jpg

I sure wish I could take better pictures.

Anyway -- here is my 590

Modified with Magpul stock and recoil pad, Magpul Fore-end with two rails, Ontario OK3S bayonet, Streamlight ProTac HL 3 (1100 lumens), Vickers sling and Magpul QD swivel and rail-attach

DSC00413_zpsb99f6756.jpg
I thought the OKC3S didn't fit.

I thought the OKC3S didn't fit.

It didn't fit at first. This is what I wrote about it on another thread:

Regarding the bayonet.
I found that the OKC3S was about 1/8" too long in the handle to mount properly to the 590. So, once again, I set about on a search for a bayonet that would fit my Mossberg. Everyone, including Mossberg says that the recommended bayonet is the M9. I finally ended up calling Ontario and talked to one of their experts. It turns out that ALL OF THEIR BAYONETS have exactly the same distance from the center of the guard to the center of the catch at the back of the handle, and that distance is 5.00". They find that various guns from the ARs to the shottys all have a tolerance error of +(-) 1/16". So it matters not what style of Ontario bayonet you like -- the M9, the M10 Tanto, or the Marine OKC3S, or something else -- the mounting dimensions should be the same.
So, I immediately changed directions and set about trying to figure how to make the OKC3S work on my gun. Turned out to be easier than I thought. The bayonet barrel ring fits over the magazine on the shotgun, which is terminated with a screw-on cap. I couldn't leave the cap loose, because that allows the actual gun barrel to move. So I needed a large washer (or shim actually) with dimensions of 1.0" ID, 1.25" OD, and 1/8" thk. As none of the hardware stores could provide a shim with those exact dimensions, I went online to a specialty hardware company, and the lady gave me two as samples. Problem solved.

The detent under the cap no longer has anything to grab on and 1/8" less thread under the cap being utilized. Probably no big deal but too many question marks for me in light of the limited utility of the mounted blade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The detent under the cap no longer has anything to grab on and 1/8" less thread under the cap being utilized. Probably no big deal but too many question marks for me in light of the limited utility of the mounted blade.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At first, I wondered about the lack of detent too, until I took it to the range. A box of shells and no loosening whatsoever. I think the spring-loaded detent pin kind of acts like a loc-washer.

The less amount of threads still leaves you with 5/16 (out of orig 7/16). Just as a point of reference, putting the cap on still seems to take a LOT of turns.

Last edited:

Specs:
590A1 "Black Water"
20" heavy barrel
9 shot cap
XS ghost ring sights
Cerakoted Tungsten
Wolff extra power magazine spring
GG&G enhanced follower (changing to s&j delrin in the next couple days)
Magpul SGA stock
Magpul 1/2" stock riser
Magopul SGA single point sling mount
Brownells enchanced safety selector
Magpul moe forend
rubberized grip panels for moe forend
Elzetta ZSM light mount
Olight M18 Maverick; 500 lumen max / strobe

Did you do your own Skateboard tape on the Forend? I just got a Magpul set and it's pretty slick feeling, in a bad kinda way.

Did you do your own Skateboard tape on the Forend? I just got a Magpul set and it's pretty slick feeling, in a bad kinda way.

An outfit named MagGrips makes something you might be interested in.

91Cq9W3-wJL._SL1500_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I899XM6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Product Description
This grip kit is designed to fit the channels on the Mossberg 500/590/590A1 Magpul MOE Hand Guard. They provide superior grip on the hand guard surface. The rubberized textured grip panel features 3M industrial strength adhesive. There are 12 per pack and cover left and right side of the hand guard.

These rubberized pads are fairly stiff when you peel them off the sheet. I found very quickly that once you have attached a pad to the forend channel you MUST use a heat gun to soften up the glue and the pad to where you can bend it to fit. Then you have to hold each pad in place for about a minute to let it cool and stay in place. Kind of PIA, but the final product looks good. Longevity? Who knows, but the 3M glue is supposed to be good stuff.

Back