• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

I'll show you mine if you show me yours! ATR photo thread!

Joe W.

My new Boyds Thumbhole stock arrived this week and I installed it last night. Thanks to IMASHRIMP for the inspiration!

I can't believe how nicely the gun shoulders, even with the bipod on, and the raised cheeckpiece helps bring the sight picture into immediate focus. I am very pleased with the Boyds stock and would recommend it to anyone interested in upgrading their ATR.

Attachments

• ATR.jpg
    ATR.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 1,665
Re: Dressed up my ATR

That looks really nice. Boyds makes some quality stocks.

Thanks Mike.....I originally wanted it because I thought it would look sharp.....I didn't really know that it would handle so well.....kind of a bonus.

You'll like it. I've had a Boyds stock on my 10/22 for years. I have nothing but good things to say about their product.

Itsricmo said:
Sweet Looking Rifle! How does she shoot?

Thanks All. I have not had an opportunity to shoot it with the new stock yet. I hope to get out with it this weekend and I will be sure to let you know.

If it shoots as well as it feels when i shoulder it, I will be very happy.

Itsricmo said:
Oh well than... how'd she shoot in the OEM Stock?

It was shooting apx 1.5 in groups at 100 yds before the bipod and now the new stock. It took a bit of doing as I changed the scope after sighting it in originally and I have been trying different ammo and such. Overall I feel the gun shoots quite well....especially for the very reasonable price.

I almost bought an ATR LONNG AGO! I decided to spend my money on a Mossberg 500. They are very reasonably priced! I think mossberg needs to do some more advertising....

I got to shoot my ATR with the new Boyds stock today and all I can say is that I am very pleased with my purchase. It is a ball to shoot and I got several comments on how it looks. I may be imagining things but accuracy may have even improved. I can't wait till hunting season!

This is my last 5 shots at 75 yds

Attachments

• Target.jpg
    Target.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 1,585

That'll kill any deer in my neck of the woods! I don't think hunting rifles need to be sub-moa particularly.. Yes it would help but a bunch of friends went hunting with Mosin Nagants last year and they all got one! (I was left out because I don't own one) And we all sure know they aren't near MOA... let alone Sub-moa haha

Itsricmo.....I believe the only thing keeping me from getting sub MOA results with my ATR are my optics , my shooting skills and style. With a better scope and a Lead-Sled I'll bet I could put 3 in the 10 ring no problem. But when I hunt I'll probably be shooting off-hand and all that stuff won't be helping me then.....I will probably even remove the bipod before heading to the woods. It's all good though, I am very happy with my Mossberg.

Keep in thought where you are hunting at! I took my bi pod off (13 - 27) and I went hunting on the end of a field... My bipod would have come in handy that day with 2 bucks and a few doe stepping out past 200 yards. But if you are hunting in the woods like the other 99% of the time for me haha.. you won't need it :D

Re: I'll show you mine if you show me yours! ATR photo threa

My Mossberg 100 ATR2 Night Train3 308win OD GREEN.

Attachments

• Mossberg ATR.jpg
    Mossberg ATR.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 643

My Mossberg 100 ATR .308 with Boyd's FT Thumbhole stock in Pepper Laminate. She has a 4-16 x 50mm scope with Mil-dot blue, green, red illuminated reticle and bipod. I haven't re-zeroed the scope yet. It willhave to wait until after the weather breaks.

Attachments

• Mossber-100-ATR--3.jpg
    Mossber-100-ATR--3.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 168
  • Mossber-100-ATR--4.jpg
    Mossber-100-ATR--4.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 166
  • Mossber-100-ATR--2.jpg
    Mossber-100-ATR--2.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 165

Good looin' ATR's guys.

OK, OK, so I made a couple more modifications. I ordered a Picatinny rail from Mossberg, and after a few hiccups, they finally sent me one that fit. I then ordered a YHM Phantom 5/8 - 24 flash hider and had it installed. I changed out the rings to 1" as the other rings were causing hangups at times with the bolt. Well, anyway, here it is. It has graduated to a Night Train II.

Attachments

• Converted-Mossberg-100-ATR-2.jpg
    Converted-Mossberg-100-ATR-2.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 89
  • Converted-Mossberg-100-ATR-1.jpg
    Converted-Mossberg-100-ATR-1.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 93
Back