• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Im really disappointed

BIGBEN

Copper BB
I bought this SA-20 because I broke my shoulder and I can't shoot my 12 ga. well doctor tells me to shoot it on my off shoulder for a while.so I shoot it and it wont eject the shells,whats up with this.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Re: Im really disappointed

Damn, sorry to see you're having issues with your shoulder.

Semi-auto shotguns are built around a delicate balance of return energy. The problem you're having with ejection is that without a solid mass at the rear of the weapon to absorb the recoil, there is nothing for the bolt to push off of hard enough to engage the extractor spring. Can you tuck the butt of the shotgun between your elbow and torso and apply pressure to keep it from moving without hurting your shoulder? If not, you might try bracing the stock against your hip...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Damn, sorry to see you're having issues with your shoulder.

Semi-auto shotguns are built around a delicate balance of return energy. The problem you're having with ejection is that without a solid mass at the rear of the weapon to absorb the recoil, there is nothing for the bolt to push off of hard enough to engage the extractor spring. Can you tuck the butt of the shotgun between your elbow and torso and apply pressure to keep it from moving without hurting your shoulder? If not, you might try bracing the stock against your hip...

The becomes more of an issue the lighter you go with your choice of ammo.

try both what LES and Mike said,,,,,,here's a pic of the "high tuck" position.

Attachments

• High_tuck.jpg
    High_tuck.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 373
Back