• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

IMI/Magnum Research

Picked up a holster for this big boy today...

Condor Outdoor: Tornado Tactical Drop-Leg Holster

Description :

- Wrap-Around design to fit pistols with laser or flashlight mount.
- Retention system with additional velcro strap to secure weapon.
- Fully adjustable leg strap with non-slip rubber lining and quick release buckle.
- One magazine pouch, with adjustable velcro strap.
- Will fit Medium or Large size pistol.
- Fully adjustable
- Color Options: O.D., Black, Coyote Tan, ACU

http://www.condoroutdoor.com/ttlhtornad ... lster.aspx

A drop-leg rig was about the only thing that made sense to me for a pistol this size. It fits the MK VII like a glove and to my surprise the oversized mag fits in the pouch too...

This rig is fully adjustable and will also fit all of my mid to full sized pistols. I'll post up a full review once I've had a chance to put it through the paces...

I really like that, looks like it protects the gun well and built tough. There are so many choices out there it kinda helps narrow it down when you have a pistol hardly anyone makes a holster for. I want to here how you think it would be hiking and how big the thigh straps get. It would be cool if you could post a pic of the pistol with the slide pinned back sometime……is that 357 like you would put in a revolver ?

I'll get you that pic ASAP oli.

...and yes it's .357mag, just like a revolver. The rounds look big compared to most other auto rounds, but are dwarfed by these mags and the pistol itself.

for some reason I didnt realize it was 357mag thought it was Sig.....that thing packs all kinds of whoop ass

oli700 said:
I really like that, looks like it protects the gun well and built tough. There are so many choices out there it kinda helps narrow it down when you have a pistol hardly anyone makes a holster for. I want to here how you think it would be hiking and how big the thigh straps get.

That's the great thing about it being fully adjustable. It'll fit just about any mid to full sized pistol even with a tac-light. The holster's built rock solid and covers most of the pistol, so I think it'd be great for hiking as far as protecting the firearm. Most of the weight is supported by the top strap, making a sturdy belt necessary. It wears comfortably and feels really natural on. The leg straps open up to 30" by my measurements.

Yeah, that gun appeals to my medieval side......could you imagine getting pistol whipped with that club

Thanks for the info on the holster. I am having a hard time deciding what I want for the cz. It’s going to be big but not as big as that 357.The holster seems like it would be more mobile and out of the way from snagging rifle slings.

You're welcome oli.

I betcha it'd work just fine. The Blackhawk Level 2 Tactical SERPA Drop-Leg Holster for the G21 will fit your CZ, but it goes for $132.99. Seems kinda ridiculous now considering I only paid $24.99 for the Condor.

...oh, and I definitely wouldn't wanna get hit with this six pounds of handgun...

6 pounds...dont need bullets.

I really dont see how you can lose for 25 bucks.

Started having some intermitent feeding issues with the MK VII. Finally got my hands on some of the factory recommended 158gr loads. Was better, but still not cured. Couldn't get more than three rounds through it at a time without a double feed. It wasn't pulling the spent casings out of the chamber and the next round was stove piping. Lost two rounds all together due to the bolt slamming shut and crimping the casing. The pistol was made in the 80's and I'd put money on it still having original factory springs. It hadn't been shot much, but still springs have a tendancy to wear over time. So, I changed out the dual recoil springs, the extractor spring and pin, the ejector spring and pin, and the firing pin spring.

After the tune-up she's runnin like a champ! Although when they recommend 158gr ammo, they mean it. It still doesn't like any of the lighter ammo though. I got away with it when the recoil springs were weak, but once I changed them out it was game over. The 110-125gr stuff just doesn't have near enough poop on it to move that big ole slide. Looks like I'll be ordering a couple cases of 158gr ammo here pretty soon...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
when they recommend 158gr ammo, they mean it. It still doesn't like any of the lighter ammo

And it seems that you found the number 1 reason why a lot of people don't like the desert eagles and curse them under their breath.

To me it isn't a big deal to use a big heavy bullet. That's actually what I prefer, but a lot of the old farts who originally bought them when they were first coming out expected them to run with any bullet they could fit in the magazine.

Baby Eagle, 45acp..............

100_2789.jpg

100_2795.jpg

I keep going back and forth on jumping into buying a new deagle in .50ae...at SHOT show I got to shoot one again and now I am having trouble keeping myself from hitting the order button online.

you've only one life good Doctor…..you live it to the fullest near I can tell, why stop now !

Back