• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Installation of 835 rifled barrel.

nasa

.270 WIN
Used Blue Wonder to touch up the barrel and used my chop saw and cut off the Choate magazine extension, filed the inside burs, ground a slight bevel, popped out the plug in the cut off piece, used Goat-Tuff glue and re-secured the plug after re-bluing the cut end. The plug fit really tight already. Now it takes just 4 screws to swap between the rifled barrel and the 28 inch over-bored barrel. Capacity was reduced by 1 making it barely a 9+1. May cut the spring and stretch it a bit to insure a positive 9+1. Put the scope back on it and this is it.

Hate swapping scopes. Spent quite a while sighting in both shotguns for 50 yards. Wish there was a way I could figure on truing up the rails between the to guns. It will be a little while before I get some sabots to try with the new barrel.

I bought the mini laser lyte. It gets me close enough to the mark where I only need to use 3 or 4 shots to get the bullseye. Either use it at dawn or dusk. I prefer dawn then I can keep shooting after its dialed in.....

Put up some reflective tape like on tractor-trailers or reflective patches like use to bee seen at night. My bore sight sucks. I will pick up some sabots this week maybe. Shelves were stripped around here over the holiday season. Gun Show was the fullest I had ever seen. Record sales on guns, ammo and reloading supplies this year. Is it really that many more people buying or same people just buying more? My ammo cache is down right now about half. I think I need to do something about that and I will.

Back