• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Issues with my new Magpul Mossberg 590A1 tactical 18.5"

gqllc007

Copper BB
Hi Everyone, I am a new member here. This is my first pump action shotgun. I am not new to shooting but I am new to pumps. Anyways I would load the shells into the mag tube and when I racked the pump the shells would intermittently feed into the chamber. I would fire and rack the pump and no shell would feed so I would rack it again and then it would feed. Now it won't feed at all. I finally was able to get the shells out of the mag tube. I have maybe 50 frustrating rounds through it. I spoke to Mossberg and they want me to ship it to Maverick Arms in Texas. It would extract and eject perfectly fine once a shell was fired. Any ideas what might be wrong? The gun shop installed a Mesa Tactical side saddle.

It does sound like the cartridge stop. It happens on occasion. Some have been able to fix it by taking it out and bending it some. Easier than sending it back.

Easier, yes. Shouldn't have to fix a new gun. This issue has been going on forever and it's bordering on ridiculous.

Mine had the issue and I bent/filed to fix it. I say make Mossberg fix it.

Should one have to? No and way. However, it's far better than dealing with OFM customer service.

You are better off having Mossberg send you a cartridge stop and cartridge interrupter to swap out. That is usually the culprit in those situations. Most of us here have had the same issue.
You would be taking them out when you clean the receiver anyways and it's less hassle than having to ship your SG to them and back. Easy fix. Just swap with the new parts and you are good.

Last edited:
Back