• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood

John A. said:
But I'm having a terrible time finding a little 5 round box of double or triple ought buckshot for her. Right now she just has it loaded with #8 birdshot because that's all we could find locally and I'm not too comfortable with that at all.

So if any of you have a 5 round box they could spare or know where I could order some, I'd be willing to buy a pack until we can find some locally one of these days.

John
I have been finding my 20g slugs at wal-mart (15 rnd value pack by Remington $11.00 or Winchester $12.00)
And 00 I have found at Dick's sporting goods or Bass Pro (5 rnd box @ $6.00)

ALSO
Just found this place here locally(well an hour away).....$hitloads of ammo, my jaw dropped when I walked into there ammo floor (YES .... FLOOR, not section) its a 3 story blgd.
1st floor is guns and parts/cleaning/loading/ cases.
2nd floor is all ammo.
3rd floor is pistol indoor range/gunsmith/everything glock.
http://www.Bobsnorfolk.com (haven't used their site yet so can't say much about it)

Hope u find some bro.

stigmata said:
John A. said:
But I'm having a terrible time finding a little 5 round box of double or triple ought buckshot for her. Right now she just has it loaded with #8 birdshot because that's all we could find locally and I'm not too comfortable with that at all.

So if any of you have a 5 round box they could spare or know where I could order some, I'd be willing to buy a pack until we can find some locally one of these days.

John
I have been finding my 20g slugs at wal-mart (15 rnd value pack by Remington $11.00 or Winchester $12.00)
And 00 I have found at Dick's sporting goods or Bass Pro (5 rnd box @ $6.00)

ALSO
Just found this place here locally(well an hour away).....$hitloads of ammo, my jaw dropped when I walked into there ammo floor (YES .... FLOOR, not section) its a 3 story blgd.
1st floor is guns and parts/cleaning/loading/ cases.
2nd floor is all ammo.
3rd floor is pistol indoor range/gunsmith/everything glock.
http://www.Bobsnorfolk.com (haven't used their site yet so can't say much about it)

Hope u find some bro.

I remember a place in Norfolk that was that big. Not sure it was Bob's but it might have been. Bought a gun safe there and they had my guns for refurbishment after Hurricane Andrew (Homestead AFB) for over a year. They did a good job but I had to threaten them with taking my guns back before they actually worked on them. So, I had a good experience and a not-so-good experience there.

John, you must have gotten a good deal because my LGS wants $367 for one.

Sure enough. She got it for $209 plus state tax. I saw the price tag myself.

One thing I don't know anything about though is the gold trigger.

Is it adjustable, or somehow special in some way (other than being gold)?

I haven't found anything to indicate it means anything other than it's a different color. Someone else might be able to shed some light on that.

probably just a marketing tool. maybe made for certain dealers.

There seems to be a similar gold colored trigger for the adjustable ones, and being a youth gun, it might be. Should say on the box LPA trigger or some such to say it has it on the description sticker. If not I'm thinking its just good for looks...

Congrats. Looks like the one I picked up from goatmart about 3 weeks ago. Got a better deal than me. Mine was $257 before tax. Love the little thing. Put a limbsaver on it, makes LOP perfect for me and the wife. I went in with the intent of getting an 870 youth but the Mossberg was too good of a deal to pass on.

Back