• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

it's a pretty good thing...

mikeoso

.22LR
OK, I admit when I got this I didn't even know it WAS a Super Bantam. I've never owned a shotgun before. It was a 20 ga Mossberg, and that was sufficient. However, as I've messed with it and read other posts, I've come to think it may be a great deal more than just a youth/small person's gun.

Here's why: first off, of course it IS a 500...takes all the barrels and accessories etc, so that's good. And I have come to think that anything I can't stop with a 20 ga is probably not something I should annoy anyhow. I have slugs (and a rifled ported barrel to fire them through) plus #7 1/2 shot and #3 buck shot, with an 18.5 barrel to fire THEM through.

The next thing is that the stock comes with two butt-pads and a spacer, so you can have any LOP from 11" to 13". Have any of you been hunting for a youth stock to shorten your HD/tactical 500? I think so. And despite that fact that I'm 6'2", that short stock doesn't bother me at all for normal range shooting. How many of you have paid substantial money for adjustable stocks?

Also, being a "youth" gun, they altered that forearm. It's closer to the receiver, with (I think) a shorter throw as well. Makes it smooth and fast to shuck. I don't think you can make that mod on your grown-up 500.
mossberg.jpg

The Super Bantam is a great all around gun for pretty much any sized person and any exp level. You made a great choice (knowingly at the time or not :D )

Congrats on your purchase!!

I don't have the super bantam, but I do own the regular bantam 20ga with the 13" LOP stock. It has the 22" barrel and it has served me very well for a long time. Mine has the wood furniture and the easy to reach forearm and interchangable choke tubes. Mine does everything from HD to range toy to breaking clays, it's a fantastic gun. It's very similar to your super bantam, just a different flavor.

Back