• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Just about done with my 590

Aaronhami924

Copper BB
Bought this a month ago. Been doing research and getting parts for it. All my other guns are stock and I have an 870 Wingmaster for hunting. So i wanted to just go all out with this one. Maybe a bit overboard but I like it. And even with all the stuff on it, its not that heavy, at least for me.

This is what I've added
1. ATI Halo heat shield
2. Fab Defense adjustable and folding stock with recoil reduction
3. Fab Defense forearm
4. Fab Defense front grip with flashlight mount. Has trigger to activate flashlight
5. Solarforce L2C carbon fiber flashlight with 980 lumen Cree led.
6. XS Sight Systems tritium ghost ring set.
7. Laserlyte green center mass laser
8. Two rail mounted shell holders. Have one more in the mail yet. 3 total.
9. Single point sling, just ordered.

66079b69b42cd75011e22e52a5c34f65.jpg
e70e057df6ed7f40d0dacb0c8efbc695.jpg
b3798b45ce99eadc40f1028da73fbeac.jpg
1f7ef9991b09935f9ed172da3abea305.jpg
65dfa310ce9f488c3fe5dd41b47deee3.jpg
dc52e765151ac7b859a73ec66cd02669.jpg

Im not trying to be mean or anything just trying to educate. That thing is probably so heavy and awkward that it IS going to slow you down.......Is it just a range toy or something you rely on for HD? If its a range toy have fun! :) if its for HD use I would consider something a tad different. Ounces equal pounds!

That's amazing, I'm def interested in how it performs! Especially that laser setup.

As far as the weight goes, I personally don't mind some weight, neither does my daughter who has been shooting my 12 ga 500 since she was 12. She's 16 now and carries the 500 when we hunt. I'm rambling a bit but I'm gonna bring it around right here. We have a stock pack on it which has 5 external shell loops carrying 1 slug and 4 rounds of buckshot in case I have to grab it at night for coyote or varmints or whatever. There is also enough room inside the pack that we keep 6 3" shells. It's a bit of weight but it feels very natural and balanced and both my daughter and I can practice with 3" shells all day or at least as long as we can afford to spend them.

Where you have that weight centered you may find to be an issue, maybe not. But by all means practice and shoot. That's the only way you'll know for sure. That and you can get me some pics of how it patterns with that green laser! :)

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum !!

Now that's a different setup...!!

My biceps are bulging just looking at that thing! ;) All kidding aside, it looks like a nice rig and the extra mass will help control recoil. :)

Reminds me of a story... My "little" brother joined the Corps right out of high school. His MO was Infantry, specifically M-60 Gunner. He came back after boot camp and I. School about a year later and that boy had some GUNS on him! Put me to shame... :oops: He and one of his Seal buddies started fxxxing with me and trying to wrestle me down and the next thing they know, I've got 'em both in a headlock banging their heads together! :D I told him like I tell my kids: "You might get bigger than me, you might get stronger than me, but you'll never get MEANER than me!" ;)

Back