• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Just finished decking out my Shockwave in tactical gear!

CruiserGuy

Copper BB
Well it all started when I wanted to put a laser on my Shickwave and I didn't like the look of it mounted on the top of the receiver. Next step was to find a new mounting solution. A forearm seemed like a good solution, but I wanted something extra solid. I found the Ergo M-Lok 4256 forearm/rail, and it was a no brainer since it is made specifically to fit a Shockwave without modifications AND it is aluminum to help eliminate extra flex and movement. Since I would have the capabilities to mount up accessories I was now on the hunt for a grip. I went with the 360° RFG (Rotating Fore Grip) from Mid-Evil Industries. It has an incredible amount of versatility and locks down rock solid with a simple twist of the grip, and quickly folds up out of the way. My last item was the Aimtech Warhammer built specifically for the Shockwave. It comes with or without the shell holders. I wanted to keep my Shockwave slim so I oped for no holders, but it was a tough choice. If my storage spot was a tad bigger I may have went for the other one. Side Note: BE VERY CAREFUL WHEN ORDERING A SHOCKWAVE WARHAMMER! The part numbers on a lot of the websites were NOT consistent with the correct SKU numbers and actual part numbers. The SKU numbers that were associated with the correct part number was actually a SKU number for another model. I suggest calling Aimtech and ordering direct. I did and I received the correct part the first time. It installed in under 10 minutes and took the Shockwave to a whole new level! It really compliments all the other parts on the build and was a much better option providing the functionality of a heat-shield and a whole lot more! Back to the laser sight that started all this. The Crimson Trace actually clamped directly to the Ergo M-Lok 4256 forearm without extra rail mounts and is rock solid. I would suggest using the green laser version rather than the red since the red is hard to see in the daylight. I will be changing over to the green laser ASAP. When you sight it in buy a laser bore sight and sight it in holding the Shockwave in the exact same stance applying the same forward pressure on the forearm that you would if you were to fire the weapon. It makes a very slight difference when aiming it, but it is a good idea for accuracy in my opinion. If you are using the Shockwave for home protection then I would also recommend sighting the laser in at a reasonable distance that you would likely use it in a home defense scenario. Anyway I put a lot of hours of thought and research into this setup and hopefully it helps some of you out when setting up your Shockwave. 5.jpg 4.jpg 3.jpg 2.jpg 1.jpg 5.jpg

Last edited:
I can see the usefulnes in the castle. Can someone chime in on the vfg ?, I know fine on rifle shotgun not so much on pistol but what about on a uso??? Curious

The shockwave isn't a pistol. It's a firearm.
Yes sir sooo is vfg cool ? I call it a uso "unidentified shooting object". If ya put vfg on a "firearm" thats not a shotgun does it become an uncontrollable dealer of death requiring regulation. I mean we gotta use a PGO which kinda says pistol but it aint a pistol thank goodness but we can add a pistol "brace" yet it remains a firearm. Im soooooo confused with this one. LOL dont get me wrong im happy just curious.

You can put grips on firearms, other than handguns/pistols. I can put a grip on a rifle. I can put a grip on a shotgun. I can put one on a firearm (which the shockwave is). I can't put one on a pistol, unless I want to change the classification of a double gripped pistol to an Any Other Weapon (AOW)

This is due mainly to pistols being shorter than 26 inches long and easily concealable and the legal definition of a handgun which basically says it can be fired with one hand. Or something along those lines.

But the short answer is yes, you can add a second/front/vertical/horizontal grip to a firearm. Same as you can add one to a rifle if you'd like.

Here's another example of a vertical grip on a different FIREARM. It is designed to be fired using 2 hands, which is important where legal definitions are concerned. It is approved and sold as a firearm.

https://www.franklinarmory.com/products/bfs-equipped-franklin-armory-xo-26-s

[quote:]
The XO-26-S™ features an 11.5" barrel and comes in 5.56 NATO. The XO-26™ ships to 01/FFLs, and it is not an AOW. Consequently, no NFA paperwork is required! Each XO-26 ships with a copy of the ATF approval letter signed by the Chief of the ATF Firearms Technology Branch.
bullet_3_1bbb5c41-f1b9-43c6-af95-ed90622786dd_480x480.jpg

Another (earlier) example:
Auto Ordnance Thompson Model of 1927 A5
12220884_1.jpg

Last edited:
So could i put a vfg on side of pistol as in a horizontal fore grip instead maybe one on each side with say a afg under ??? Or would that also make the bullets hurt more ??? Sorry im in idiot mode tonight :)

This will make your head hurt but is the readers digest condensed version.

No. That would be able to use two hands.

Here's the definition of a handgun/pistol. read it carefully.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/firear...on-firearms-gun-control-act-definition-pistol

Gun Control Act Definitions
Pistol

18 U.S.C., § 921(A)(29) and 27 CFR § 478.11
The term “Pistol” means a weapon originally designed, made, and intended to fire a projectile (bullet) from one or more barrels when held in one hand, and having:
  • a chamber(s) as an integral part(s) of, or permanently aligned with, the bore(s);
  • and a short stock designed to be gripped by one hand at an angle to and extending below the line of the bore(s).

• WRONG:
images

RIGHT:
Thug_sideways_pistol_aim.jpg

Again, see my signature line for more details.

Well it all started when I wanted to put a laser on my Shickwave and I didn't like the look of it mounted on the top of the receiver. Next step was to find a new mounting solution. A forearm seemed like a good solution, but I wanted something extra solid. I found the Ergo M-Lok 4256 forearm/rail, and it was a no brainer since it is made specifically to fit a Shockwave without modifications AND it is aluminum to help eliminate extra flex and movement. Since I would have the capabilities to mount up accessories I was now on the hunt for a grip. I went with the 360° RFG (Rotating Fore Grip) from Mid-Evil Industries. It has an incredible amount of versatility and locks down rock solid with a simple twist of the grip, and quickly folds up out of the way. My last item was the Aimtech Warhammer built specifically for the Shockwave. It comes with or without the shell holders. I wanted to keep my Shockwave slim so I oped for no holders, but it was a tough choice. If my storage spot was a tad bigger I may have went for the other one. Side Note: BE VERY CAREFUL WHEN ORDERING A SHOCKWAVE WARHAMMER! The part numbers on a lot of the websites were NOT consistent with the correct SKU numbers and actual part numbers. The SKU numbers that were associated with the correct part number was actually a SKU number for another model. I suggest calling Aimtech and ordering direct. I did and I received the correct part the first time. It installed in under 10 minutes and took the Shockwave to a whole new level! It really compliments all the other parts on the build and was a much better option providing the functionality of a heat-shield and a whole lot more! Back to the laser sight that started all this. The Crimson Trace actually clamped directly to the Ergo M-Lok 4256 forearm without extra rail mounts and is rock solid. I would suggest using the green laser version rather than the red since the red is hard to see in the daylight. I will be changing over to the green laser ASAP. When you sight it in buy a laser bore sight and sight it in holding the Shockwave in the exact same stance applying the same forward pressure on the forearm that you would if you were to fire the weapon. It makes a very slight difference when aiming it, but it is a good idea for accuracy in my opinion. If you are using the Shockwave for home protection then I would also recommend sighting the laser in at a reasonable distance that you would likely use it in a home defense scenario. Anyway I put a lot of hours of thought and research into this setup and hopefully it helps some of you out when setting up your Shockwave. View attachment 19481 View attachment 19480 View attachment 19479 View attachment 19478 View attachment 19477 View attachment 19481
Thank you for the great write up and pics!!! What is the correct SKU/part number from Aimtech? TIA!!

Thank you for the great write up and pics!!! What is the correct SKU/part number from Aimtech? TIA!!

Just a heads up to you but CruiserGuy hasn't been on here for a couple years. I'm afraid you might have to search for what you desire yourself.

At any rate, Welcome Aboard! When you DO find the Ergo M-Lok 4256, please stop back and update this post... :)

Just a heads up to you but CruiserGuy hasn't been on here for a couple years. I'm afraid you might have to search for what you desire yourself.

At any rate, Welcome Aboard! When you DO find the Ergo M-Lok 4256, please stop back and update this post... :)
Thanks for the heads up! Here's a pic with the Ergo M-Lok 4256 that I just installed yesterday!IMG_1694294752032.jpg

Back