1. Thank you Mossberg Owners for making us the greatest Gun forum on the planet.

Ka-Bar/ Becker BK2

Discussion in 'Knives' started by Barhrobeman, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Barhrobeman

Barhrobeman .270 WIN

Hey y'all.
    Any Ka-Bar fans out there? I'm not big into knives, but I have a couple of Ka-Bar's that I like pretty well. I have a Bk2 and a USN MKI, both are nice tools.
    I'm not into the whole "batoning thing," but I thought I'd give it a try once. I guess it works, but it seems like a good way to F up a blade, and why not just pack a hatchet?

2. Elbert Garrett

Elbert Garrett 20g Supporter

Great knives! I carried one strapped to my web gear back in the day and I`ve had one every since though I don`t have much call to carry it these days.....it`s just collecting dust on a shelf.

100_8553.JPG
    meanstreak and SHOOTER13 like this.
  3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

In my Jeep right now...attached to my bug out bag.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SPECS:

Steel~ 1095 Cro-Van
    Blade Type~ Fixed

Measurements:
    Weight~ 0.70 lb
    Blade length~ 7"
    Overall length~ 11.75"
    Blade Thickness~ 0.165
    Blade Width~ 1.188

Grind~ Flat
    Edge Angles~ 20 Degrees
    Handle Material~ Foliage Green Kraton G®
    Shape~ Clip Point
    HRC~ 56-58
    Butt Cap/Guard~ 12GA Commercial Grd Carbon Steel
    Knife Made in~ USA
    Sheath Made in~ Taiwan

nitesite and Elbert Garrett like this.
  4. Barhrobeman

Barhrobeman .270 WIN

I usually just keep mine in their box until I'm heading out to use them. If I'm taking my shotgun I'll strap the BK2 sheath on the scabbard and roll out.
    I haven't had any luck w the plastic sheathsthey come with not dulling the blades. So got a leather one for the USN and a polyester for the BK2.

Attached Files:

5. Barhrobeman

Barhrobeman .270 WIN

image.jpg The one on the left weighs a full lb..
  6. Barhrobeman

Barhrobeman .270 WIN

7. Barhrobeman

Barhrobeman .270 WIN

The fighting knifes are cool but too big to be useful in many areas other than fighting. Let me cut this rope with my sword right quick..
    If I'm going to be in a knife fight, I'm brining a gun. My BK2 is really a little big to do a lot of "daily" task. It'd be good for busting out a car window or something incase of emergency though.
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  8. nitesite

nitesite Sheepdog Forum Moderator "Philanthropist"

I'd love to own a BK2. I like axes and machetes and hatchets and parangs and stuff and the BK2 looks like it would be awesome around a camp. I would punish that knife and smile all the time I was doing it.

I actually considered getting one. I went smaller and lighter by getting an ESEE-3 after I saw the Becker was a foot long.
    Barhrobeman likes this.
  9. Barhrobeman

Barhrobeman .270 WIN

You might have chosen right. The scales that come with it are kinda jinky and the plastic sheath dulls the blade every time you pull it in and out. So, if one gets a BK2 for sure figure in the cost of another sheath and possible aftermarket scales.
    Ka-Bar has a polyester sheath that works well for it, it's just not so attractive and it's sold seperatly.
  10. Barhrobeman

Barhrobeman .270 WIN

11. ripjack13

ripjack13 Resident Sawdust Maker Staff Member Administrator Supporter "Philanthropist"

I made some handles before...

[​IMG]
  12. ripjack13

ripjack13 Resident Sawdust Maker Staff Member Administrator Supporter "Philanthropist"

13. ripjack13

14. ripjack13

15. Barhrobeman

Barhrobeman .270 WIN

ripjack13 likes this.
  16. spkennels

spkennels Copper BB

I like that full lb helps with the work

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Barhrobeman likes this.