• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Landed a "bucket list" knife the other day.

Dr. Marneaus

.270 WIN
This is what happens when my wife is off gallivanting through Europe without me for a few weeks, and I'm left to my own devices. I get drunk in the hot tub, and buy stuff.

I was making my "regular" rounds on ebay looking for "bucket list" knives and saw a Gerber TAC II at a "buy it now or make offer" price that was already pretty good. I haggled back and forth a few times with the seller and made the purchase. There is normally 1 or 3 on ebay at any given moment, but not in this condition, or way more expensive if NIB.

Why is this a bucket list knife you ask? Well because it is the preferred knife of the greatest hero EVER, and is used heavily by him in one of our nations FOREMOST examples of cinematic MASTERY.

Tac1
tac2
tac3
tac4

"Its a good knife, goodbye Mr. Burton."
BM9aLA

jack2

"Its all in the reflexes"

jack1

Last edited:
Wow. Stab and move on to the next assailant. What a nice knife! Congrats.

The sheath alone just fascinates me.

Wow. Stab and move on to the next assailant. What a nice knife! Congrats.

The sheath alone just fascinates me.

thanks.

The sheath was designed with two levels of retention. If i'm not mistaken, there was at least one agency or branch of armed forces or some such thing that required that.

there is a tapered steel pin with a button on top that the hilt of the knife goes over, and locks in, as seen in the pics. When the button is depressed it squeezes the tapered section together, and releases the knife.

And yes, its definitely a stabby stabby type knife, not so much for bushcraft...lol!

Well Doc Marn, that is quite the dagger. I've always wanted a real classic medieval style dagger myself.

Real ones of course are out of my financial reach. I've seen a lot of replicas but so far have not found the right one.

I saw this movie for $3.74 in The Bargain Bin at Walmart, and so I bought it on your recommendation sir. I will get to watch it later today.

lol... good ol Jack Burton.

It's a goofy movie with a lot of mystical chinese black magic hokey but all in good fun. Hope you like it.

Okay we're only halfway through it but I had to stop the movie.

I have this to say so far.

I don't remember the last time I saw a movie this hokey on purpose, but I think the main female character was a one legged girl with it an AR strapped to her thigh.

I think she used it to do this kind of Rocket Jump maneuver.

Anyhow I can't wait to see how it turns out. :D

Back