• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Lansky Sharpening System

oli700

12g
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
These have been around for quite some time. I love them and they get knives razor sharp. From the pictures you can see how they work , the steeper angles 30- 25 degrees are good for utility blades and the 20-17 degrees are good for skinning or I you want a razor edge that isn’t subject to much abuse.

IMG_1221_zps37da4e04.jpg

IMG_1220_zps83d2897b.jpg

IMG_1219_zpsa1830f14.jpg

Love my Lansky!!!

Sent from my Mossberg 930 using Tapatalk2

right on mike, they sure have come out with a lot of stones and stuff. I was checking them out the other day, lots of options I would like to own

A buddy of mine bought one years ago. He's got probably a couple dozen different stones, from Lansky and other places, and he's made a couple using split wooden dowel for the handle section, and different types of stones he ordered at the proper dimensions to epoxy them to the dowel.

He does sharpening for money though. He's got the whole setup, with the bench mount for the sharpener and everything.

I just have the few stones that came with my kit. I've had it for several years and it does a great job. I would like to pick up the table top mount, esp for when I'm sharpening several at a time.

I've always considered myself sharpening impaired and the Lansky has been a great investment.

I've even managed to get it to work on a few two bladed broadheads.

I have the table top mount, its cool but I always end up with it in my hand, lol.....just quicker

well I dont know about that. If you can nail the angle free hand its all the same in the end. I can do fine free hand, I just cant get it to this level. Some can......
I like turning my knifes into light sabers, because Star Wars rules lol

Good tool Oli,and also usable to sharpen traditional broadheads.I have one from Gatco very similar to it.

Back