• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Law Enforcement suspended, lock your doors ?

Our taxes in Clovis are awful, but the cops come pronto when you call.

I am 2 miles from the local PD and 1 mile from the local Firehouse.

Police Chief lives a block away and fire Capt lives next door.

I'm feeling pretty secure, but I sorta miss Kentucky.

I have heard of many different places ceasing operations over the years.

Mainly fire and ambulance and air evac services. We have a hospital in the next county over that has been having a lot of financial woes and they no longer even have an emergency room open and you have to drive to the far end of the county to another hospital for that. Better hope you don't cut an artery or get bit with a copperhead or have an allergic reaction to a bee sting or something because you're SOL if you do.

This goes on all over the country occasionally. I hope they can get it sorted out pretty quickly.

And not nocking the police, but if you're relying on the police or anyone else to keep you safe, we should probably sit down and have a long talk.

My thought is strange since ive been one and im married to deputy. But I couldn't give a dig dong dang, if they working or not. Ive never called nor have any intention of it. Our land is Vegas rules, and the wood chipper is in tip top shape

In my town (city) we contract with the county for police services. They have a station in the center of town. I think they have plenty of "assigned" deputies and can call from other areas, if necessary. We DO have our own fire dept. right next to the police station.

On a FB "community" group I am a member of, there is occasionally the call for more police or even our OWN dept. We voted that down about 10 years ago but there are still transplants from NY or NJ that are used to and want a "bigger" force. As I and others will point out to them, a bigger force means bigger taxes and that is something we do NOT want. They want what they had back "home" without the onerous taxes! :rolleyes: I am certainly not alone when I suggest they get a gun with training, get a security system with lighting and lock their car doors and garages.

PS: I have nothing against our deputies and they are generally good guys and gals. But more cops would mean more "harassment" while driving and I don't need a ticket for going 5mph over an artificially low speed limit... As it is now, I have been given at least a half dozen breaks (warnings) over the years. :)

Back