• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Lefties what furnature do you like for 590a1?

ciddly

Help! I want a new stock for my 590a1 would love to hear what you have tried good or bad. Thanks in advance helping a noob get up to speed.

Got ya I am assuming the 12'in? Is that correct? I am 6'4, 280 lb and was concerned it would feel short but I may order one and try. I have enjoyed the Hogue 10/22 stock I have. Just hate to order and return a bunch of stuff just to get it in my hands to look at.

No do not get the 12 incher. But I know it is all the rage these days.

FYI, most factory stocks are 14.25 inches, the standard Hogue is 13.75 and the 12 incher is actually 11.75.

You really need to try this stuff on but I know it is not practical for everyone to do that. In a nutshell your long arms require a long stock, but your large chest will close the gap. So you're somewhere in the middle :confused:

Got it so I would loose about half inch from factory and a little less with a limbsaver ... Hmmm.

yeah I'm 5'8 and the 12" stock is too short for me. I feel all bunched up behind the gun. I run my Magpul stock with 1 spacer which makes it 13" and that's fairly comfortable is not a slight bit on the short side. 2 spacers (13.5") is more comfortable, but i really have to stretch if I have to swing far left to engage a target.

Last edited:
The Magpul seems versatile but looks wide somehow. Anyone experienced the multi position AR style? Not sure I care for the "look" but the versatility is there and seems to be lots of options including recoil dampening but tend to get pricey quick.

Im a lefty 590a1 owner. Im 6 foot 200 lbs and run the magpul furniture on mine. I run the stock with no extra spcers and really like it.

I am left handed and I am sticking with the factory stock. With the factory controls where where I can reach them easily.

Back