• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Lets see some bayonets

DoubleTap

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Heres my new M9 Light Weight Bayonet in OD Green on a 590a1

41d4fabf.jpg

a086acd5.jpg

This Swedish Mauser Bayonet's been in the family for YEARS. It was made during WW2 for the 6.5mm M96, M38 and M42b Ljungman rifles. I don't have much info on it other than my Grandad brought it back from overseas. Sure is nice lookin though. It's in great shape and carries a lot of sentimental value...

It's got the year 1939 marked into the leather on the back of the scabbard...

This one looked great on my AK until I went all "TAC Black" with polymer parts. The brown and green just doesn't look right on the rifle now, but the bayonet is still pretty sweet...

It's been really difficult to find a BLACK bayonet for my AK. Don't really NEED one, but It'd be nice to have.

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
This one looked great on my AK until I went all "TAC Black" with polymer parts. The brown and green just doesn't look right on the rifle now, but the bayonet is still pretty sweet...

It's been really difficult to find a BLACK bayonet for my AK. Don't really NEED one, but It'd be nice to have.
!
I believe that Centerfre Systems sells ALL BLACK AK bayonets for $20-30-ish? I know they sell an all black (handle and sheath) AK bayonet, I think it's a yugo(also believe searching for a black AK bayo is easier if when u 'google' it, google it for an AK-74, as I usually see black bayo's on those systems)? I just 'painted' my Bakelite bayo black!! IT WORKS! And it ACTUALLY looks right!lol, a sharpie has a lot of uses! Hope centerfire has some for ya if you're still looking!?
Stephen

Problem solved!

I just refitted my AK with traditional Romanian furniture. The bayonet fits right in now...

M1942 16" bayonet for my Springfield Armory M1 Garand ( circa 1944 )

em2SRfj.jpg

=========================================================

M1959 6H3 bayonet for my Yugoslavian AKMS {circa 1970}

sAlM1Hv.jpg

The blade forms a wire-cutting device when coupled with its scabbard. The polymer grip and upper part of the scabbard provide insulation from the metal blade and bottom part of the scabbard to safely cut electrified wire.

=========================================================

UPDATED: 7/16/2017

Its all I got...

IMG_4475.jpg

Still working on getting my 590M1 usable with my Lan-Cay M9 Bayonet, Maybe someday, I keep running out of money on other projects

It is a good thing I put my money into a few other nessessary items before looking into this thread. I actually had the one I want for my shotty on the screen and was deciding if I was going to drop the money this week before I was able to remind myself of oter things we needed. :lol:

Buddy of mine insisted on slapping his M9 on my 14.7 barrel. Dammit now I want one of my own but I'm going to have to find one with a tan handle. Time to research bayos and make sure what I'm buying is legit. I've been told there are some very convincing knockoffs out there.

I have one for an M14 (I think) and I haven't been able to find for 2 years now...grrrrrr.

British Pattern-1907 Bayonet for the Short Magazine Lee-Enfield Rifle. This bayonet was made in India (when it was a British Colony) in 1916.

British Pattern-1907 Bayonet for the SMLE Rifle, Sanderson 1917.

British/Indian Pattern-1903 Bayonet for the SMLE Rifle. This was converted from a Pattern-1888 Bayonet into a Pattern-1903 Bayonet in British India shortly prior to the Great War.

Another shot of the Pattern-1903.

Back