• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Lets see some bayonets

WWII British/Indian No.1 Mk.II* SMLE Bayonet (Indian Made) Scabbard is reproduction.

WWII British/Indian No.1 MkI** SMLE Bayonet (Converted from WWI Pattern-1907 Bayonet in India). Scabbard is reproduction.

Last edited:
M7 Bayonet for my AR15...

1xP5h6e.jpg

UPDATED: 7/16/2017

1973 NOS Imperial? M-7 bought on Debay for $44.44 (my winning bid :D). Came packed in foil shown but sans scabbard (and scabbard marks). I made a scabbard for transport out of the box it came in as it is VERY sharp. Fits nice on the middy carbine build...

Attachments

• bayo1a.jpg
    bayo1a.jpg
    541.9 KB · Views: 18
  • bayo2.jpg
    bayo2.jpg
    287.7 KB · Views: 18
  • bayo3.jpg
    bayo3.jpg
    583 KB · Views: 18
Mil-Par, made in Ohio. Only thing I can find on dates is that the ohio plant made them between '64 and 70 something. (I think) I have more info somewhere, but don't remember where...

View attachment 9742

Seeing these pics, I decided to have another look at my Garand Bayonet, it has HTK on the scabbard, but nothing on the bayonet, I should have taken a pic, along the back of the blade it has a straight grind where the false edge would be, it looks like many others have an angled or softened grind.
If I get a chance, I will get a pic up.

Seeing these pics, I decided to have another look at my Garand Bayonet, it has HTK on the scabbard, but nothing on the bayonet, I should have taken a pic, along the back of the blade it has a straight grind where the false edge would be, it looks like many others have an angled or softened grind.
If I get a chance, I will get a pic up.

Mine says Mil-Par on one side and M7 on the other. Hmm, I should have another look at mine too! LOL

My Garand is a August 1943, but was reissued in Korea.

It's a little difficult to see, but you can see that both sides have that 90 degree grind at the end.
6112875831_a36e917a4e_z.jpg

Its a beautiful example! I looked at mine too, the markings are on the cross guard and not the blade. I cant find a means of checking for a production date and have been able only to determine an approximation and range of years. Mine was not in the package when I got it, but was unused with machining oil still on all the metal. The scabbard however had been issued at some point and has numbers painted on the back as many do.

Mil-Par, made in Ohio. Only thing I can find on dates is that the ohio plant made them between '64 and 70 something. (I think) I have more info somewhere, but don't remember where...
View attachment 9742

Dad gave me one of these when he came home from Vietnam in 1966. Unfortunately it was taken in a burglary about 1982.

Anyhow I used to practice throwing it hard into a wood plank, and once I actually bent the tip. I thought it would snap when I straightened it, but it straightened up perfectly. Tough steel!

Oh guys, those are some beautiful bayonets.

This bargain-basement $40 surplus example from Midway is the only one I own currently. I just bought it last month.

The Scabbard is from VIZ which did a short run contract between May and November of '69. That makes this a real Vietnam War era knife, and (if this is indeed the original knife for the VIZ Scabbard) it dates the manufacture very closely two eight or nine months. Because this was a high production item that might make this one slightly rare. Rarity matters not however for the real importance of this object as its history. Otherwise the blade itself is from Bauer Ordnance company and marked BOC and US M7 on the finger guard. There are no markings on the blade except for machine marks. They cranked these babies out fast.
20170716_075924.jpg

My buddy Dave says that because this one did not come home in good condition with the owner then it probably came off of a dead GI.
20170716_075954.jpg

I don't know if this is true but it's certainly a probable, because we lost a lot of guys there.
20170716_080443.jpg
Anyhow, I wiped the numbers off with some oil, but nothing more, and in honor of that and dried mud and stands are going to remain and I'm not going to fix the blunted tip or the gouged edge or the huge burr & jagged notch in the blade.
20170716_080200.jpg
I'm not going to attempt to restore this or change it in any way.
20170716_080259.jpg
If I want a pretty one I'll just go buy a pretty one.

20170716_080528.jpg this detail appears different than the one my dad carried was the clip for the web belt. Maybe the owner spread the ears on this clip to fit his belt better, and it seems that my dad's had the ears sticking straight up and closer together, and on this example they spread slightly wider and at an angle.
20170716_080507.jpg
It's possible that they had a different belt arrangement entirely when my dad was there as he was in the Air Force and it was 1965.

I would like to have another bayonet in any style in just the same condition from . . . well any interesting manufacturer through history.

Last edited:
Back