• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Limbsaver for Hogue 14" stock?

Misery930

.270 WIN
Has anyone put a limbsaver on a Hogue stock? The recoil pad on it is basically a rubber brick but the grip is so much better that I don't want to change it back. I'm going to print out the limbsaver template and see if I can find one that fits. If I can, I'll post the part number.

I have a Limbsaver on a on a Hogue stock. Are you sure of the 14" stock? I can only find a 12" length of pull stock on the Hogue website. Regardless, the Limbsaver on my Hogue stock fits great. I agree that the Hogue is so much easier to grip. I'll see if I can dig up the Limbsaver part number I am using.

I like the limbsaver pads, they do pad the shoulder, but I hate the rubbery grippy texture because when I shoulder it, it wants to grab my shirt and the extra drag slows me WAAAAY down shouldering the gun.

I have a Limbsaver on a on a Hogue stock. Are you sure of the 14" stock? I can only find a 12" length of pull stock on the Hogue website. Regardless, the Limbsaver on my Hogue stock fits great. I agree that the Hogue is so much easier to grip. I'll see if I can dig up the Limbsaver part number I am using.
Yeah, I have both a 12 and a 14. Maybe they don't make the 14 anymore. The 12 is sitting in my spare parts bin because the recoil pad is awful and it's too short for me. I'll probably end up getting a Magpul SGA so I can use the Remington limbsaver and get a higher cheek rest. I wasn't able to find something that fits without cutting the stock down and even then, the holes don't quite line up right.

I like the limbsaver pads, they do pad the shoulder, but I hate the rubbery grippy texture because when I shoulder it, it wants to grab my shirt and the extra drag slows me WAAAAY down shouldering the gun.
I had never noticed any drag holding me down so I checked why. I have a slip on nylon shell holder on my stock. I don't usually have ammo in it but for some reason left it on the stock. With it in place the only part of the Hogue over molded rubber that is exposed is where my right hand grips the stock. I really like the rubber on the forend for cycling it.

Yeah, I have both a 12 and a 14. Maybe they don't make the 14 anymore. The 12 is sitting in my spare parts bin because the recoil pad is awful and it's too short for me. I'll probably end up getting a Magpul SGA so I can use the Remington limbsaver and get a higher cheek rest. I wasn't able to find something that fits without cutting the stock down and even then, the holes don't quite line up right.
I ended up with the Hogue 12" and the Limbsaver which added an inch for 13" LOP. I agree that the Hogue pad is very hard.

I had never noticed any drag holding me down so I checked why. I have a slip on nylon shell holder on my stock. I don't usually have ammo in it but for some reason left it on the stock. With it in place the only part of the Hogue over molded rubber that is exposed is where my right hand grips the stock. I really like the rubber on the forend for cycling it.

I ended up with the Hogue 12" and the Limbsaver which added an inch for 13" LOP. I agree that the Hogue pad is very hard.
Did you ever find the number of the LimbSaver pad you used?

@luangtom I usually keep the paper from the packaging but could not locate it. I did find this old M.O. thread from 2012 that I posted on with the Limbsaver number 10546. Good luck and keep us posted!

http://mossbergowners.com/forum/index.php?threads/limbsaver-help.4241/

The link below goes to the Limbsaver web page.
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1...Guide_-_01_2018_-_Web.pdf?4988935229279426438
Thanks the info. I wrote this down for future reference.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

What I am looking for is if anyone has a bolt-on pad from Limbsaver for the Hogue 12" LOP butt-stock, not a slip-on. I do not wish to increase the LOP.

What I am looking for is if anyone has a bolt-on pad from Limbsaver for the Hogue 12" LOP butt-stock, not a slip-on. I do not wish to increase the LOP.
I don't know of any. I think you will need to contact them if you want a pad to bolt to an after market stock. If you get an answer please post it up. Good Luck!
LimbSaver / Sims Vibration Laboratory
50 West Rose Nye Way
Shelton, WA 98584
877-257-2761
360-427-6031 (International)
Mon-Fri 8:00am-4:00pm PST

Back