• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Limbsaver Recoil Pads

clarke187

Supporter
I want to get a limbsaver recoil pad for my 500. I was on their site and they don't list a model number for wooden mossberg stocks. Has anyone bought a limbsaver for a wooden stock that fit? Here is a picture of the stock I have if that helps.

GnXpZXC.jpg

Yes, I have one but don't recall the part # I used. There are two for Mossbergs...4 7/8" and 5 3/16". Download the template page and use that to select the correct recoil pad. Or if you have a store with a good selection take the SG or stock with you and try them. I get mine form BPS near here. It would be nice if Limbsaver would include what models each of the templates fit so you can cross reference the part #'s.

Also, on the Limbsaver package there is a list of what guns each fits. Mossberg is included with a couple other brands so you need to look closely on the package.

I measured mine it is the 4 7/8" model. Be advised that it does not fit perfectly. There is a small (1/32" maybe) of the stock on each side of the pad. Some folks are very picky about fit...not so me. As long as it fits very close and reduces recoil it is good to go. Thought I'd pass that along.

Ditto on the slip-on...but when the heck did they become as expensive as the screw one models? used to be the slip-ons were less than half of the screw-on models...

Back