• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Loads and Patterns out of the Shockwave

I like 2 3/4" Flitecontrol 00 Buck. That's quite an in-depth field study. Thanks.

I have settled on 9 pellet Flight Control Federal Premium, LE127 00.
I understand the massive impact of #1's over 00, however, I found Flight Control 15 pellet #1 Buck Low Recoil (LE132 1B) did not open up enough for me.
Your post has me wanting to revisit my shots. Just another excuse to shoot the Shockwave.
I have never had any interest in 3". Reckon at my age I avoid pain.

I've had enough pain. A girl named Sandi broke my heart at the age of 18 and I can't take any more pain.:rolleye:

I realize that it is rude to answer your question with a question. What do you wish to do with it?
Having fun: Probably the best load is whatever can be bought cheapest in the mostest. If recoil is your quest...⅞oz slugs or #4 Buck for maximum ride.
Long distance:
Flitecontrol #1 Buck or 9 pellet 00 Buck loads. Hands down unless you want a slug.
Buck shot:
For me it's a #1 load of 16 or 24 pellets.
Most versatility:
Herters Ultimate Defense .650 ball with six #1 Buck pellets.
I hope that helps. Please feel free to expound upon your question.
I like the #4, 2 3/4" buckshot loads, and the high brass game loads in #6 and #4 shot. I prefer the 2 3/4" shells because you have higher capacity and less recoil. 3" full power shells are punishing out of the SW.

It appears that you have already found the heaviest recoiling buckshot load in 2¾.
The 3" aren't bad except in the #4 Buck and there is a way to get up to 5 of them in the gun without loss of capacity by removing the magazine spring retainer.
The real deal is weight increase going from 2¾" to a 3" load out. It's a noticeable difference to me. I favor the 3" #1 and 000 over the other shells but I was attempting to answer your question within the specific parameters.
Thank you, I appreciate that!

Thanks you! I missed this before, and totally my own fault for not having been here off and on.

I enjoy going through the photos and analyzing the differences. I’ll check out every one of these, thanks!!!

Back