• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Looking for a 24" rifled slug barrel

Hello fellas, I am new to the forum.

Does anyone know if a good place to buy a 24" rifled slug barrel for my 535? I want the open sights (NON-cantilever) barrel.

I am seeing them online for $180-200 new. What about any good used ones?

Welcome to the forum from NY.

I would give Havlin a call (636) 937-6401 or
Corsin 928-718-4282

No problem.

Just another thought,,,,As long as you don't want to shoot 3 1/2" magnum shells out of it ,you can put a 500 barrel on it. Might be easier to find. ;)

old mossy said:
No problem.

Just another thought,,,,As long as you don't want to shoot 3 1/2" magnum shells out of it ,you can put a 500 barrel on it. Might be easier to find. ;)

If it were blued I would consider it, but it is Mossy Oak. I have never seen the 500 barrel and mag tube in Mossy Oak. However, that does not mean that it does not exist. :eek:

I agree 100% with you. Crazy prices on barrels.
I'm looking for a 24" rifled barrel w/open sights. Plus i need a 5 shot tube. Crazy money.

I can buy a Mav88 24" rifled barrel w/ sights, the whole shotgun for $220. Saving up the bucks now.
Plus you wind up with another gun for about $40. more.

old mossy said:
I agree 100% with you. Crazy prices on barrels.
I'm looking for a 24" rifled barrel w/open sights. Plus i need a 5 shot tube. Crazy money.

I can buy a Mav88 24" rifled barrel w/ sights, the whole shotgun for $220. Saving up the bucks now.
Plus you wind up with another gun for about $40. more.

I found a new one for $170 + $6 shipping.

That is probably going to be as good as it gets. Especially since most people even want $150-180 for the scratched up used ones that I have seen.

Glad you found one at a better price.
I'm going with the MAV88 and wind up with a spare shotgun.

So I picked up a 24" rifled barrel.

Why does there have to be a difference between Mossy Oak Breakup and Mossy Oak NEW Breakup? It does not match! :x

heilman181 said:
So I picked up a 24" rifled barrel.

Why does there have to be a difference between Mossy Oak Breakup and Mossy Oak NEW Breakup? It does not match! :x

I know the deer will not notice, but I must be too OCD to accept it. I am going to get rid of this barrel and try to locate one in regular old Mossy Oak pattern. The Mossy Oak NEW Breakup is lighter and has less grey in it.

Live and learn, I guess. I was unaware that the two patterns were different. :eek:

Spray em black...no one will ever know.... ;)

Kidding.

They do look very very similar. Until you pointed it out, it looked the same to me too...

ripjack13 said:
Spray em black...no one will ever know.... ;)

Kidding.

They do look very very similar. Until you pointed it out, it looked the same to me too...

Even the #91310 barrel on Mossbergs website indicates the NEW pattern. I emailed customer service to see if they had any suggestions.

It is similar, but more noticeable when side by side.

Attachments

• DSCN1318 (Large) (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1318 (Large) (Medium).JPG
    177.4 KB · Views: 232
Here is a closer picture too! The old pattern just seems more vibrant to me.

Attachments

• DSCN1319 (Large) (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1319 (Large) (Medium).JPG
    207.1 KB · Views: 235
I like the dull looking one. The shiny new is way too shiny....

ripjack13 said:
I like the dull looking one. The shiny new is way too shiny....

You aren't helping me here! :D

Now I need to keep the 24" slug barrel and get rid of the gun, 22" barrel and 28" barrel and find them in the NEW pattern. :shock:

ripjack13 said:
Hmm....oopsie. :)

Where is your holiday spirit?

Send me $350 so I can buy the NEW pattern. I will refund you the money once I resell the old pattern stuff.

Whatcha think? I think it is a great idea! :lol:

I kind of prefer the faded one myself. <runs and hides>

My guns are all mismatched. I have a silver scope on my black muzzleloader. I have a tan 835 with camo hardware and a matte black barrel/magazine tube. I have a matte stainless .22 with a glossy black scope.

I know this is all irrelevant to because you want what you want.

I hate when companies change things up mid stream. While my own stuff is mismatched, when I do intentionally by something that is supposed to match I expect it to match.

Back