• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Lt Clay Higgins of the St Landry Parish Sheriff Office, an American and a true lawman w/ compassion

nitesite

Average Guy
"Philanthropist"

This fantastic lawman has gone viral on the internet and television and I don't believe he is going to go away anytime soon. Once each week, viewers intentionally tune to Channel 3 News just for that two minute segment of Crime Stoppers where Lt Higgins comes on. Cable providers say that people switch channels just to see that two minutes of Lt Clay Higgins. It's said to be the "highest rated" two minutes on television in Lousiana.

With all the bad press LEO's have been getting lately due to some bad apples it's good to see some good guys get some limelight!!

We all know they are out there, more people like this need to be making the news.

someone will turn it around and get him suspended by being offended or some stupid crap

That is classic! :D I love it! (I didn't have time to watch the commencement speech) It has a very large deterrent factor, IMO... :)

someone will turn it around and get him suspended by being offended or some stupid crap

I commented at another forum in a thread about increasing viewership/membership. That forum requires you have a large set of alpha balls (or ovaries? ;)) capable of being busted on occasion. ;) But having ones balls busted WILL build character! :D It would NOT appeal to a beta woosie/weenie who never worked in a shop or was not in the military and is easily offended. My comment centered around those types being "scared" off and that that was NOT a good reason to over-moderate--their loss as far as I am concerned...

But if you want to know something, the wisdom and knowledge of the membership is well above par (like this forum... :)) and worth the visit. Many Nobama lovers have gone down in flames, never to return... :p Definite First Amendment (and Second) rights being exercised! I'm sure we're all on the gubmint "watch" list... :rolleyes:

First I've heard of him, but that was wonderful.

Lt. Higgins @ 12:02 "Invest in gear. Spend some of your money every month to buy the tools you'll need to be tactically advantaged. There's always one guy on shift that has every conceivable piece of equipment that will ever be needed. Be that guy."

Well, my wife and the guys on my department would say that I am "that guy".

So I train-train-train and practice-practice-practice with that shit. And then learn how to react when I am without it.

My wife loves to remind me how I have spent untold thousands and thousands of dollars on "stuff" for the job. But none of it has ever let me down, not even once, because I carefully studied what was best for what I was willing to spend. From the $11 Fisher Space Pens to the $200 flashlight that is barely bigger than a roll of pennies (and is just one of four different flashlights I have at work plus three mounted weapon lights) to the expensive personal guns I carry, to the raincoat and knee pads and reflective vest in my gear bag, there is almost no limit to how big of a "gear queer" I am.

But what I know the most is what he also stressed to those graduates and has nothing to do with "gear"... that every citizen deserves the full protection of the rights guaranteed them by the US Constitution, and a chance for redemption if they choose, and to be treated fairly and with respect.

So I train-train-train and practice-practice-practice with that shit. And then learn how to react when I am without it.

I think that is a key piece of information and worth repeating. So many people of all professions learn to use the tools they have at hand but are often clueless when something failes or they are in a situation where they do not have the tools they expect. I see that almost daily in my field but at least no one is going to die as a result.

Yeah, that was hilarious!! Reminds me of the speech I've been rehearsing for the boys who will no doubt be showing up around here before to long (I have a beautiful 13 yr old cheerleader daughter). It'll probably go like this.... As I invite him into my shop, cleaning a gun, ALL my knives, spears, guns, handcuffs, etc. pretty much every deadly thing I own laying out in clear view. "Son, I take it my daughters shared with you already how crazy SOB I am. Well, it's ALL true!! She tell ya we got 100 acres in Caldwell, right? Well, we don't harvest out there. We like our pigs, coyotes, deer, etc. that live out there and our feeders stay full to keep em around. You know pigs eat anything and coyotes LOVE carrion right? So just keep that in mind. You seem like a smart mouth, punk ass beatnik, I'm sure your folks wont even ask any questions or come looking for ya." LOL Or something close to that

If you travel down I-49 from Alex to Lafayette,LA be careful when you get to Opelousas because his staff writes speeding tickets!
lol!

No, I can't help you if you get one!

cajun

^This is the America that I know and love.

God bless him/them.

The seven still out on felony warrants, and for that matter the ten already in custody, apparently they ALL shop at the same clothing outlet and like to wear very similar attire.

Maybe it is a required part of being in the gang.

Back