• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

M V P PERFORMANCE

I bought My first M V P 2 1/2 years ago it was the 24 inch Varmint model I put 200 to 300 rounds down the tube it is chambered in 5.56 x45 which meant the 40 gr V Max that I shoot had a +.300 jump to get to the lands to my surprise it still shot .750 to .500 if I did my part !!! This past Christmas My Lady friend bought Me a little 20 inch model M V P it was also chambered in 5.56 x 45 .
About three weeks ago I got a bee in my bonnet to rechamber the M V P 'S to 223 AI to eat the 40 gr V Max bullets and of course the velocity !!! the past 3 years I have been fooling with the 223 AI and I have been amazed at this little feller can do . the AI seems to like the 1-9 twist best I have built them in 1-8 1-10 1-12 & 1-14 the 1-9 has been the best hands down ... I shot 15 groups out of two guns here are some of them I shot and some of the speeds with full house loads the conditions were 52 degrees @ 5000 F A S L 20 to 25 S W wind .1665 PI all shots were fired in ten shot strings with mixed head stamps LC FC Rem Win Horn these are both P Dog guns not bench guns shot off bipod and rear bag All in All these are great guns the 20 inch gun adv FPS is 4084 the 24 is 4254 FPS with Magneto Speed V2 DD

Both of these guns shoot so close to each other it is freaky , My Grandson Noah has already laid claim to the 20 inch MVP for the 2014 P Dog hunt in June , I just hope I am up for it Cancer Sucks

Back