• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

M590 GRS and a Red dot

rlharv2

.22LR
So I cannot seem to find the means to attach a rail/red dot on my 590 without removing the factory GRS and installing something like on of the rails with a GRS built onto it. I would seem like such an easy task to come up with some way to have a red dot mounted so as to co-sign with the factory GRS. Any feedback?

I believe you are looking for the term "co-witness" where the GRS would look right through the reflex... I don't believe that there is any model of red dot or forward mounting rail for a red dot that would allow even a lower 1/3rd co-witness with the factory GRS. I am not a 590 expert but through my trials with my 500, I haven't come across anything.

rlharv2, I have a 930 SPX clone and I use the Bushnell TRS-25 on, I placed it before the GRS and I have a good co-witness with it, I also have the same setup on my AR-15. Just move your GRS to the rear as far as it will mount, then play around the mounting of the red dot to obtain the best co-witness for your setup. I also have a 590A1 SPX that I took the TRS-25 off of which is under construction to be my main HD shotgun.

Back