• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Machetes

YES, I saw those awesome pics of what you created.

Dude, use all that stuff up for your personal needs.

I'm so happy that this thread keeps going, along with the "axes rule my life" thread. :)

I gotta get some pix of my machete's up here....

I'll be back.....

Id really like to get a group photo, of all of my fixed blades together. Axes, hatchet, tomahawks machetes,bayonets, fighting knives, and skinners.

Yeah, yeah . . . but not one of you guys has got a halberd.

( I don't have one either yet, but boy oh boy are you guys going to be jealous when I get mine! :p)

Anyhow axes and machetes are nice but you just can't fight an armed horseman from foot without (Firearms or) a halberd.

I just think, "what would be nice for fending off possums that show up in my backyard."

You can't shoot 'em here in town.

But there is no law against the halberd! (Buwahahahaha!)

Last edited:
Oh, I like this one a lot! . . . but it's not Damascus steel. ;(

Screenshot_20170926-050601.jpg

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41gfiZYkmeL.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Marbles-Swam...&sr=8-2&keywords=Marbles+Swamp+Master+Machete

This is my fav for the past three or five years or so. Marbles Swamp Master. I've chopped real wood with it and it keeps on going. Cherry tree, pine, wrist thick wisteria etc. Sliced the sheath all to hell the very first time I used it. Sliced all the stitching and some cloth. I hot glued it all on the inside and it looks new....and it won't cut through any more. Great machete....I own like five Marbles designs now. Love them all.

Aww heck dieselmudder.... now you go talking about SAWS???? HECK.

And yes I saw the fire hose axe sheaths. Nice idea and nice sheaths.

Dammit. I don't have any saws to use in the field. Now you have me looking at bow saws and Silky saws. Lowes has a nice faux Silky saw. :)

Darn it.

Aww heck dieselmudder.... now you go talking about SAWS???? HECK.

And yes I saw the fire hose axe sheaths. Nice idea and nice sheaths.

Dammit. I don't have any saws to use in the field. Now you have me looking at bow saws and Silky saws. Lowes has a nice faux Silky saw. :)

Darn it.
I made my little buck saw, just as something to do. I've not put much use on it. A Bahco folding saw is always good to have handy though.

Sometimes..... I just get on the Cold Steel website, to look at all the neat sharp pokey bits.

nice post Sir. :) I LOVE the Cold Steel dot com web site.

I was once at their website and ended up buying a couple of Cold Steel sjamboks. There may have been some ethyl alcohol involved with that decision. :)

http://www.coldsteel.com/54.html

One sjambok is hanging in my garage and one is in my patrol Tahoe. I have used the one in the Tahoe on many occasions and they freaking work as a crazy dog deterrent. When harsh words seem to not be effective the sjambok just held or whipped one time thru the air makes the meanest dog cower and whimper. Then I give the doggie a MilkBone and we are best buds.

Oh God, now we have an AXE THREAD, a MACHETE thread, a knife thread... and maybe we will start perhaps a SJAMBOK thread.

Oh, I have an antique Diston and a lovely pole saw., but the saw I have used most is a little Milwaukee folding switchblade.

There's the Diston lying in my boat. I'm using it to rough trim the scantlings.
20170610_083336_resized.jpg
Oh I totally forgot about the antique meat Fork!
20160430_235551_resized.jpg

You guys are going to make me remember things I forgot I had.

That's what I'm going to do when I go out and buy a new axe. Blame it on peer pressure. ;)

By the way I do make fun of Cajuns but my dear departed sister-in-law was a Cajun and I miss her a great deal for her wit and raw cultural insights.

Back