• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Made my own mag extension from wood

BowerR64

.270 WIN
I was a little disapointed with the stock 10 round mag. I dont mind 10 rounds but the mag hanging down completes the whole look of that tactical AR thing. I mean they spent so much time designing the AR shell then left the mag part some what unfinished.

I spent WAY to much and ordered a 25 round one off gunbroker. Got it in today and decided to copy the mag extension and screw it to the stock 10 rounder.

Its a sloppy rush job but it looks better then it did stock, maybe it will give some others some ideas?

3/4" MDF i had left over from another project then i just put some cardboard on the side and cut it out like the 25 rounder. Tried to draw some lines on it like a real AR mag but thats where i messed up. I may try some metal vinyl siding or some that has the ridges or i may try something else.

Here is what i got so far anyway
magextension_zps63c0f872.jpg

Nice. I always like DIY solutions.

That's the first time I've seen that done.

Very well thought out.

Darn it. I wish my phone would let me see the picture!!!

LakinsDaddy said:
that looks really good. very good idea on that one. but how did u screw it together?

The shoe on the bottom of the mags will slide off. I just drilled 2 holes threw the plate and screwed it to the wood then i slid the mag back onto the shoe. You could use shoegoo or liquid nails also. Im pretty sure it would hold the mag tot he bottom if you didnt want to screw it to the wood.

I thought about buying a real AR mag and tearing it apart and using the shell but right now ALL mags are threw the roof so i figured wood would be the cheaper solution.

If you look at the mag well with the 10 rounder in it pretty much sits flush with the bottom of that fake mag/mag well.

magwell_zps677d2a4d.jpg

So all you need is a curved block of wood and its supported by both sides of the fake mag well while the magazine is up inside the shoot.

oh AND i polished my trigger :mrgreen:

Back