• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mag Release Screw Stripped

Gunowner99

.270 WIN
Came out while shooting. Not the screw that is stripped so much as the hole it goes in one the other side of the mag release. Now what do I do? Can I get that part from Mossberg or what do I do?

Gunowner99 said:
Came out while shooting. Not the screw that is stripped so much as the hole it goes in one the other side of the mag release. Now what do I do? Can I get that part from Mossberg or what do I do?

Was it an insert in the plastic? You could try these.
http://www.helicoil.in/dodge.htm

Sorry to hear this!! It sucks to have a gun that you don't trust.

How old? How many rounds? Have you contacted the factory?

First time I shot it. That was yesterday. The mag release popped out. It is stripped for sure. Regardless, what now?

Either get a replacement mag release or put a slightly bigger screw in it. It's only plastic that's being screwed into so make sure not to tighten too tight.

Gunowner99 said:
First time I shot it. That was yesterday. The mag release popped out. It is stripped for sure. Regardless, what now?
Damage on the first shoot out of the box should be a factory warranty. Have you talked to Mossberg? Doing your own non-standard repair could be enough to void your warranty with some makers. I'd start with Mossberg customer service.

Just spoke with them actually. They are sending out a left, right and screw. Thanks to all, I should have just done that in the first place. I will be careful not to tighten too much as well.

It happened to me as well. First time to shoot... not even finishing the round. Which number should I call? Multiple numbers on their website. Thanks in advance.

Back