Mag Release Screw Stripped

Discussion in 'Mossberg 715T Tactical .22 Autoloader' started by Gunowner99, Nov 3, 2013.

1. Gunowner99

Gunowner99 .223

Came out while shooting. Not the screw that is stripped so much as the hole it goes in one the other side of the mag release. Now what do I do? Can I get that part from Mossberg or what do I do?
  2. old mossy

old mossy Terrapene Staff Member Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Was it an insert in the plastic? You could try these.
    http://www.helicoil.in/dodge.htm
  3. Gunowner99

Gunowner99 .223

I have no insert. Just the screw and two mag release latches, standard issue. I'm not happy.
  4. Scott M

Scott M .223 "Philanthropist"

Sorry to hear this!! It sucks to have a gun that you don't trust.

How old? How many rounds? Have you contacted the factory?
  5. Gunowner99

Gunowner99 .223

First time I shot it. That was yesterday. The mag release popped out. It is stripped for sure. Regardless, what now?
  6. gooffeyguy

gooffeyguy .22LR

Either get a replacement mag release or put a slightly bigger screw in it. It's only plastic that's being screwed into so make sure not to tighten too tight.
  7. mingaa

mingaa Raconteur Forum Moderator

Damage on the first shoot out of the box should be a factory warranty. Have you talked to Mossberg? Doing your own non-standard repair could be enough to void your warranty with some makers. I'd start with Mossberg customer service.
  8. Gunowner99

Gunowner99 .223

Just spoke with them actually. They are sending out a left, right and screw. Thanks to all, I should have just done that in the first place. I will be careful not to tighten too much as well.
  9. speedyquad

speedyquad .223

i'm surprised we do not hear more of this...i was afraid this would happen when i had mine...
  10. Gunowner99

Gunowner99 .223

Who knows if I overtightened or what. They made good so +1 for them.
  11. Gunowner99

Gunowner99 .223

They sent me two sets with screws. +1 for Mossberg!
  12. old mossy

old mossy Terrapene Staff Member Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Another plus for Mossberg CS. :D
  13. Gunowner99

Gunowner99 .223

I'm happy, now they need to not strip for me!