• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mag tube extension and barrel

12gafun

.270 WIN
I have been looking everywhere for a 8+1 mag tube and 20" barrel kit, Brownell's is always out of stock on there's and it seems no one else carries it at all. So does anyone have any suggestion on where to get this kit. I have thought about getting this Maverick 88 shotty for cheap cause it has the barrel and mag tube I want and just swapping them out to my Mossy and then reselling the Maverick with the 5+1 mag tube and 18" barrel.
Would this work I have noticed that the Maverick's barrel and mag tube look to me like it would fit nicely. Thanks for any and all replies!

The Maverick parts will work perfectly on your 500. FWIW I have seen the 20" barrel & 7 shot mag tube combo for sale on Ebay but not cheap. Brownell's does get them in stock every so often, and for $100 you can't beat the price.

Yeah been waiting for like months for Brownell's to get it back in stock I have even emailed them and those items when they do come back in stock they usually only have like 1-3 sets and they sell out fast. I might just say heck with it and get that Maverick 88 for $228.00 with FFL fee and just mod out my 500 and resell the Maverick or keep it for a spare 12 gauge for my father.

Damn son! I got mine from Brownells back in September. I had waited since June, but I don't know how long they were out before that. I did put a post out here then to alert everyone they were back in stock. Guess you were too late!

Your other option to buying the tactical model is to get the kit directly from Mossberg. From them it's going to run you about $170, though. Somehow Brownells is able to sneak out a few for $100 once in awhile lol. Seeing the prices as such, $228 or $170 vs $100, I would venture to say you don't need it that desperately that you can't wait for Brownells to get them back in stock ;)

Back