• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Magpul Angled Fore-Grip: AFG/AFG2 Review

I know this is an old topic, and my appologies for bringing it to life after so many years...

I was curious to know if the Magpul AFG or AFG2 would be useful on my Magpul edition Mossberg 590A1?

I've never used an angled foregrip and have no clue how it feels, or what I might even expect from installing it on the pump.

Anyone's thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

I do have more experience with angled grips now than when the topic was started.

I do have an AFG1 on my 500. It's not mounted on a magpul forend though.

I have mine on an Ergo tri-rail. And on the side, are magpul textured rail covers.

I really like this combination.

You can't really see the angled grip in the picture well, but it's there. And I like the way it feels.

qyKhoNR.jpg

Thanks John. I suppose it is more to grab on to while racking then forend? That 500 looks great and the camo suits the landscape well!

Last edited:
Thanks. It's called NaturalGear camo and works well in my woods.

As for front grips, I used a Tango Down front grip on the gun for years. It allowed me to carry the gun muzzle down while holding the front grip and tucking the butt of the gun underneath of my arm. It's surprisingly comfortable that way.

The angled grip is better just to help cycle the gun. It is easier (especially on the wrist) than a traditional forend.

AFG2™ - Angled Fore Grip (GEN 2)

http://store.magpul.com/product/MAG414/88

The AFG2 is a slim line design that is shorter in overall length and width compared to the AFG. Smaller size allows for compatibility with a wider variety of rail systems, rail covers, and accessory mounts. The overall length has been reduced by .87” to minimize footprint, bulk, and weight.

Available Colors:

Black
Flat Dark Earth
OD Green
Foliage

Features

• Polymer three-piece design with an interchangeable finger shelf that allows for a flat "A1-style" surface or an "A2-style" finger nub
• Mounts to MIL-STD-1913 Picatinny and NATO STANAG 4694 rails (min. of ~3" recommended)
• All mounting hardware included

Specifications

◦ Weight: 2.53 oz.
◦ Length: 4.70 in.
◦ Height, over rail: 1.94 in.
◦ Width, maximum: 1.37 in.
This is the fore grip I use on my primary carbine. Personally I use MagPul furniture/slings any time I can. I recently picked up my 930SPX and have wondered if the fore grip would be sturdy enough to hold it so I can use it for some forward pressure on it ?

Works on my 12ga pump. Don't know why it wouldn't on the 930.

There are 2 different versions of the AFG.

The older gen1 has wings that will better wrap around some things (it's made for AR's). And the gen 2 is like the one you linked and is basically has no wings. You'd just need to look at the gun to see which you think would work better.

The one on my 500 is the gen 2.

Back