• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Magpul forward sling mount doesnt fit my 590

Mark L

Copper BB
I recently got a Mossberg 590 M-Lok and the Magpul forward sling mount that is designed for the 500/590 does not fit.

My 590 (not a 590A1) has a 8+1 mag tube, which in theory should not be a problem, but the gap between the barrel and tube is too small for the device to fit between.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

I am wondering if the 590A1 version of the mount would fit, but don't want to spend the money on one just to find out that it also doesn't fit.

My 590 8+1 duty shotgun used a Magpul sling for years. For years. Lots of rounds, lots of training, lots of qualifications, lots of using it at work.

Could I see a pic of the front ten inches of your shotgun?

I recently got a Mossberg 590 M-Lok and the Magpul forward sling mount that is designed for the 500/590 does not fit.

My 590 (not a 590A1) has a 8+1 mag tube, which in theory should not be a problem, but the gap between the barrel and tube is too small for the device to fit between.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

I am wondering if the 590A1 version of the mount would fit, but don't want to spend the money on one just to find out that it also doesn't fit.

Did you ever resolve this question?

Did you ever resolve this question?
thanks for the reminder! sorry nitesite.

Yes, I got the Magpul sling mount for the thicker barrel and it fit perfectly, leading me to believe that the model I got had the thicker barrel for some reason, despite not seeing any indication of this in any documentation I found.

I had contacted Mossberg about this and the person I talked to had no idea, though the person I talked to a Magpul told me some models do have the thick barrels without any indication. Sad that the Magpul person knew more about Mossberg products that Mossberg.

Kinda irritating, being I really dont need the heavy barrel and it just adds weight.

thanks for the reminder! sorry nitesite.

Yes, I got the Magpul sling mount for the thicker barrel and it fit perfectly, leading me to believe that the model I got had the thicker barrel for some reason, despite not seeing any indication of this in any documentation I found.

I had contacted Mossberg about this and the person I talked to had no idea, though the person I talked to a Magpul told me some models do have the thick barrels without any indication. Sad that the Magpul person knew more about Mossberg products that Mossberg.

Kinda irritating, being I really dont need the heavy barrel and it just adds weight.

Thanx, I need to look at mine more closely.

Mark L. Interesting that you rec’d a heavy walled barrel. I get the point about the weight. Is your barrel set up for chokes? I’m sure you can sell the “standard barrel profile” Magpul sling mount for almost as much as you paid for it. Try posting it on the stuff for sell forum on this site.

Back