• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

MAGPUL PTS Parts?

cbzdel

Copper BB
How will MAGPUL PTS parts fair on the 715t??

I really wanted to put some Magpul goodies on my 715t.. But I feel its just out of my price range for what I spend on this gun.. Until I came across "MAGPUL PTS" for those unfamiliar, as I knew nothing about it. It is actually Magpul brand but its parts that have been taken down in quality to reduce the cost for the Airsoft world...

I was thinking about picking up a forward angle grip as well as a CTR stock.. Both of which I have a felling an airsoft quaility would work decent on a .22lr.. Maybe I a wrong though??

They'll work on a 22.

The PTS originates from china, the MOE originates from USA.

The quality and materials of both are very comparable.

I use the PTS afg's on my AR and AK. It's not like it's a high wear or heavy stress part.

I think (think being the important word here) that the pts ctr buttstock uses a "mil spec" tube diameter, so it may not work with the 715. I'm pretty sure the stock will fit too tightly to really work if you manage to get it on the tube to begin with.

But again, I may be wrong on that, but the CTR/PTS stocks do have the smaller diameter milspec size hole for sure. I just doubted that Mossberg would put a milspec diameter tube on the 715, but that is speculation on my part. You could measure it with a caliper to make sure.

Yep - I have 3 AFGs - 1 MOE and two PTS and as John said - in a low wear and tear use areas the PTS units work fine and can save a fair bit of $$. Black seems to be the most popular and I've picked up other colors at very low prices and dyed them black with very good success - liquid Rit in high concentration works well.

Strange aside. The PTS line sell for WELL above MSRP on eBay - look elsewhere for more consistent bargains!

OK, I had a few spare minutes this morning and I got a CTR stock and a PTS stock side by side and did a few comparisons. The CTR stock is the black on the left and the PTS is FDE on the right

I'll start with size.

The CTR is available in either milspec or commercial diameter tube.

The PTS is much closer to the smaller diameter milspec tube only.

For morbid curiosity, I also weighed both and the PTS was noticeably and considerably lighter on the scale, while felt about the same just holding them, but my scale is accurate, so it is what it is.

The other noticeable difference was the PTS stock cross bolt that holds the release assembly in place was rather loose, and felt like it could be pushed out of place and lost really easily. It also appears to be a simple pin, rather than a custom made part.

Attachments

• pts ctr 004.JPG
    pts ctr 004.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 78
  • pts ctr 006.JPG
    pts ctr 006.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 78
  • pts ctr 007.JPG
    pts ctr 007.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 77
Back