• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Magpul shows the 590 some luv

easy-v

Copper BB
http://store.magpul.com/product/MAG491/shotgun

MOE® Forend – Mossberg 500/590Shotgun ....coming this fall....

193_1172_large.jpg

Can you say "shut up and take my money already"?

Ugh... screw you Magpul for making me want to spend money on even MORE furniture for my 590..... Jeeze!

Can't wait.....
And to think I almost bought a Remington 870 just to get the magpul furniture for it since I love the look of it. :eek:

stigmata said:
Can't wait.....
And to think I almost bought a Remington 870 just to get the magpul furniture for it since I love the look of it. :eek:

TRAVESTY! :shock:

lol not going to lie... the 870 was in my hands till I saw the price point of the the 500... did some research... found this little piece of heaven on earth (Mossberg Owners) and bought the 500 about a week later :D I'm definitely glad I chose the rig I did!

As for this forend... I wonder if it will be Short or Long slide.... :O

I'm with you about the price too, and for the $$, Mossberg was the better deal. And we ultimately made the right purchase :lol:

The forend to me looks to be short but then again it was a drawing of it.

It is a "perspective" style view too... which makes it hard to tell how long it really is... Time Shall Tell!

Itsricmo said:
lol not going to lie... the 870 was in my hands till I saw the price point of the the 500... did some research... found this little piece of heaven on earth (Mossberg Owners) and bought the 500 about a week later :D I'm definitely glad I chose the rig I did!

As for this forend... I wonder if it will be Short or Long slide.... :O

I bet you it'll be long slide, since that's what "most" newer Mossbergs left the factory with, I mean look at most of the other aftermarket forend options out there, I would venture to say they're all long slide. Interesting how this will play out in the coming years, since manny brand new ones are coming with the pinned forends :evil:

I can agree... Hogue is going to have quite a bill to fill for all those adapter nuts!! (I believe they make those in house??)

If OF Mossberg doesn't change back to the Slide Assembly, I foresee a great loss in customers. They would be adding one more step and $40 to anyone's build who would want to use an M500 as a donor.

Now, the only thing that could help, is a low cost, after market slide assembly... you know something made out of that "Space Age" polymer. ATI would probably be the company to run to with such a request. They could probably pump out some serious competition to the all metal slide tube and at 1/2 the cost I bet... If not half, they could at least produce them quicker then the all metal and still a little cheaper.

Back