• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Martin Archery Fire

MikeD

I'm Your Huckleberry
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
Just saw on their FB page:

MartinArcheryFire.JPG

UPDATE: Fire Chief Confirms Martin Archery Fire is Under Control

Posted: Jul 09, 2015 1:53 AM EDT
Updated: Jul 09, 2015 7:57 AM EDT

Courtesy: Nathan Partney
Courtesy: Nathan Partney
WALLA WALLA, Wash. - Early Thursday morning, Fire Chief Rocky Eastman told The Associated Press that the fire at Martin Archery in Walla Walla was under control but some spots would continue to burn for a few hours.

Eastman, who is with Walla Walla County Fire District 4, says there were no injuries in the blaze, which drew firefighters with several departments in the area.

-----------------------------------

PREVIOUS:

WALLA WALLA, WA - Fire crews are battling a 5 alarm fire at Martin Archery in Walla Walla. The initial call came in around 9:30 p.m. that the machine shop was on fire along Heritage Road. Crews are working to put the fire out and keep it from spreading to some nearby brush. No word on what started the fire. We are working to get more information, and we'll pass that along to you as we learn more.

Link: http://www.nbcrightnow.com/story/29507167/breaking-large-fire-at-martin-archery-in-walla-walla

Holy moly! I was not expecting this at all. I feel so bad for them. They've had it rough these past few years. With the restructuring, they had a very nice lineup of new bows. I was actually checking them out on Tuesday. I hope they can recover from this. I used to have a Martin Bengal. It was a nice, smooth shooting bow. I kind of wish I still had it. I wanted to see what they come up with if I ever get back into archery.

Very unfortunate. I hope they are able to recover.

A massive fire in the machine shop. Probably lost all the equipment and whatever supplies the had and bows they were making. Nothing yet posted by them on Archery Talk. Usually, they will post up some info to keep the rumors down. Good luck to them.

Not good. Even if Ins pays the damage, this type of thing can kill a company. I hope they recover. Martin and Darton are the two compound bows I grew up with.

"Millions" Lost in Walla Walla Martin Archery Fire
Posted: Jul 09, 2015 9:22 PM EDTUpdated: Jul 09, 2015 9:22 PM EDT
Posted by Chris Luther, Reporter
CONNECT

WALLA WALLA, WA. -- A huge fire in Walla Walla overnight is the talk of the town Thursday after a longstanding business in the area is destroyed.

Everywhere you look there's twisted metal. Flames turned this once busy manufacturing building at Martin Archery into a metallic wasteland.

"I was in every part of this building at one in point in time," Ken Melhus said. "There was a huge track that went around the inside here of a conveyer belt that went around the entire ceiling."

At least that's what Ken Melhus saw working IT for:

"21 years," he told us. "So I basically worked here in this building every day"

Now he can't even recognize his office.

"It's like being in a different place," Melhus said. "It's so odd. It hurts my heart. It's just like something is gone. It was part of your life for such a long time it's so strange. It's like a family member almost, you know?"

Firefighters are still on hand Thursday afternoon making sure the fire doesn't come back to life. Last night, it looked more like a torch than a building. Yet firefighters were able to contain the flames. Still what was lost wasn't cheap.

"Millions I would guess," Melhus told us.

This fire would be devastating no matter where it happened but in the small Walla Walla community, it has even more impact.

"Martin Archery has been around for a long, long time in this area," Walla Walla Fire District 4 Chief Rocky Eastman said. "I don't know the exact number of years but it's been around a long time. It's a very prominent business in our community."

"It's known around the world as probably the best bows you can buy," longtime customer Dennis Gleason said.

"Yeah, you talk to anybody in town they know somebody who's worked here, or worked here (themselves)," Melhus said.

But there's always this:

"Hopefully they can recover, get it back in place and get it running again," Melhus told us.

Firefighters still remain on scene Thursday afternoon here putting out hotspots and they say they don't know exactly what caused the fire, but it is under investigation.

This was on their Facebook page. So far it sounds pretty promising. Here's to hoping they come back better than ever. Hmm... Maybe they could come up with a new flame camo. :eek::D

Martin.jpg

Sounds promising. Nothing had been posted when i checked earlier.

Back