• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mass: Gun Control Bill

Scoop

.30-06
From NRA-ILA

Massachusetts: Gun Control Bill on the Move
[Underlining by Scoop]

WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 11, 2017

Today, without considering the unintended effects of such poorly thought out legislation, the Massachusetts state House of Representatives passed Amendment 1 attached to House Bill 3951 with overreaching language that would ban modifications commonly made to firearms by law-abiding citizens. The state Senate could be considering this bill as early as tomorrow.

Offered by state Representative David Linsky (D-5th Middlesex), Amendment 1 bans “any device which attaches to a [firearm]… that is designed to increase the rate of discharge” or the modification of any firearm “with the intent to increase its rate of discharge.” This broad language could be easily interpreted to ban match grade triggers, ergonomic enhancements, recoil reducing weights, muzzle brakes, and other modifications that countless law-abiding gun owners utilize in order to make their firearms more user friendly and suitable for self-defense, competition, hunting, and even adapting to physical disability. Many of these modifications simply make it easier to deliver accurate and controlled shots with less physical discomfort for the shooter without fundamentally changing the mechanics of how a firearm operates.

In addition, Amendment 1 would give the Secretary of Public Safety unprecedented regulatory authority to implement this ban along with violations being punished with a mandatory minimum sentence of three years imprisonment.

Currently, at the urging of Congress, ATF is reviewing whether its prior determinations regarding bump-fire stocks are correct. Any legislation in this area should wait for this review to be complete so an accurate assessment of the applicable federal law is available.

From NRA-ILA

Massachusetts: Gun Control Bill on the Move
[Underlining by Scoop]

WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 11, 2017

Today, without considering the unintended effects of such poorly thought out legislation, the Massachusetts state House of Representatives passed Amendment 1 attached to House Bill 3951 with overreaching language that would ban modifications commonly made to firearms by law-abiding citizens. The state Senate could be considering this bill as early as tomorrow.

Offered by state Representative David Linsky (D-5th Middlesex), Amendment 1 bans “any device which attaches to a [firearm]… that is designed to increase the rate of discharge” or the modification of any firearm “with the intent to increase its rate of discharge.” This broad language could be easily interpreted to ban match grade triggers, ergonomic enhancements, recoil reducing weights, muzzle brakes, and other modifications that countless law-abiding gun owners utilize in order to make their firearms more user friendly and suitable for self-defense, competition, hunting, and even adapting to physical disability. Many of these modifications simply make it easier to deliver accurate and controlled shots with less physical discomfort for the shooter without fundamentally changing the mechanics of how a firearm operates.

In addition, Amendment 1 would give the Secretary of Public Safety unprecedented regulatory authority to implement this ban along with violations being punished with a mandatory minimum sentence of three years imprisonment.

Currently, at the urging of Congress, ATF is reviewing whether its prior determinations regarding bump-fire stocks are correct. Any legislation in this area should wait for this review to be complete so an accurate assessment of the applicable federal law is available.
sarcasm filter on 11:
And the race is ON !!!!

I expressed similar concerns when we discussed the Feinstein bill. This is just a BS excuse to try and remove a large portion of guns from the public.

At least maybe now some of the people will realise just how much this will affect their precious comp guns, tricked out plinkers, deer guns with a trigger job, etc.

This crap affects ALL gun owners and the more divided we remain on BS stuff like bump stocks, the more we ALL have to lose.

I really hate to say this because it does sound divisive, and I do agree that we all need to hang together or we will all hang separately, but I really think that we may try too hard to justify things, and by doing so we play into the hands of the people who are demanding justifications.

For instance the bump fire stock.

There's nothing evil about the bump fire stock, and I should not require any reason to own one other than the fact that it's fun & I want one.

As I recall I am guaranteed the right to pursue happiness.

When we start giving more "scientific" reasons than, that it sounds contrived to me and not honest.

I really hate to say this because it does sound divisive, and I do agree that we all need to hang together or we will all hang separately, but I really think that we may try too hard to justify things, and by doing so we play into the hands of the people who are demanding justifications.

Here is my take on this. And it's just my personal opinion, but I have been fighting gun laws extensively my entire adult life.

You will never "win over" a rabid antigunner.

They cannot get past their fear of guns. In their most private thoughts, they see a magical place where there is no violence. By "disarming" people, they think they can solve violence so there will be no more. An honorable fantasy I guess, but one that will never be achieved in this world.

And when there is violence, they expect the police and the military to run to their rescue and save them to be their protector like a parent or teacher on the playground getting between you and the bully taking the brunt of the attack on their behalf. They expect government to "take care and protect them". Though reality is not that way. It's an illusion that they have believed their whole life. And for this reason alone is why I have so much respect for our military and especially law enforcement tasked with an impossible expectation.

They cannot see that while they are unable or incapable of taking care of themselves, that other people can and have no problem with such. And these are just the people who have bought into the whole disarmament psychology.

The entire back story of disarmament has an even darker side to it.

Those are the ones that are in control of something (typically fed by power and greed), those who want to be, or those that don't want to lose what they have built up. They will order others to do their dirty work. They usually make and hide behind laws or start wars or hire hits on people. Seldom will they do it themselves if the need arises. This has happened countless times throughout history, through political, social, economic, religious, ideological wars and killings. Some in a small scale, others widespread by and large.

They want to run roughshod over anyone and everyone that challenges them or threatens their power and/or authority over another. They'll have guns. You won't. Governments always exempt themselves from such laws. Our country is no exception unfortunately.

The elites of this world wants to have a rallying cry of people uniting behind a cause. Sadly, the weaker minded people are incapable of realizing the "greater good" is what nothing more than what the elite support, which is usually themselves. I think a lot of it boils down to some people are incapable of trudging their own path and just accepting what they're told to do en masse like a child accepts what their parent or teacher (whoever in in charge) says.

So, for those people who choose not to own a gun, I have no problem with that. It's their right to choose not to. I do have a problem with them telling me that I shouldn't because they don't. I don't answer for or to them. Not today, not tomorrow, not ever.

History has taught me better.

43549d54c8cd36aa9604f5f9668eb50e--american-indians-american-pride.jpg

489px-Mass_Grave_3_at_Bergen-Belsen_concentration_camp.jpg

81e44479be45373054e2c37d7bc8bcf7--chinese-babies-greek-history.jpg

image.jpg

038.jpg

Back