• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Maverick 88 Pump Action New Owner's Area

Re: New 88 owner...field version.. by accident...

choke wrench

Don't lose the little black piece of metal or you'll have a hard time changing choke tubes...put a cord or chain on it and attach it to your carry bag.

Awesome, will do. Thanks for all of the help so far you guys! Looks like I am going to order the 18.5" barrel. It's tough to get for under 100 but I think I can sell my never used, 28" for that much

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

Ive noticed the slide sticks a bit when shooting... It seems to catch every now and then. You really have to put some force into it to get it to go back again. I have the forend that is smooth with no ribs... and seems larger than every one I see on youtube. I am trying to wrap my head around what I need if I wanted to swap it to the 500 setup. Ive read the posts and saw the diagram that someone made, but it confused me a bit.

I was thinking of taking it all apart and cleaning it really good.. maybe lightly sanding the action? Then oiling it up really good in there.

Give it a good cleaning,,,,light oil,,,,,no sanding. :)

Just an update to this, I sold the 28" on eBay and bought the 18.5... ended up making money!! Thanks old mossy for the help

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk now Free

Glad it worked out for you. Post a pic of that bad boy. :D

New 28 inch 12 gauge Mossberg Maverick 88...

Well with dove season almost over here in Texas, I decided to go ahead and give it a try, so I went out and bought me a Mossberg Maverick 88 12 gauge 28 inch. Let me tell you one thing this is my first shotgun and I love it. Yesterday was the first time ever doing any kind of bird hunting and below Is what I got. Now I did go through two and half boxes of ammo and I had no problems with the gun what so ever.
20131011_192333_zpsaca68461.jpg

Re: New 28 inch 12 gauge Mossberg Maverick 88...

Congrats on your new Mav88! I know what your having for dinner. :) Nice shooting.

Mmmmmm... Grilled Dove breasts wrapped in bacon alongside grilled jalapenos stuffed with cream cheese.

Nice looking brace of birds. It's addicting, ain't it???? I bet it was an awesome hunt and hope you enjoy a few more outings before the season is over.

Just start buying up and stockpiling more shells for springsummer trap shooting and next years season!

I had a freaken blast out there, I'll be back out there next season for sure. I haven't had a chance to grill them, due to the rain, but as soon as I can I will...

I will snap a pic tomorrow. I just put on a new tri rail forend and I love it. Ati heat shield and stock are on the way

Here she is... all ready to do its job since we've had many burglaries locally..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1381895478720.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1381895478720.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 294

Lookin' good. :)

Thanks. I'll probly add the side saddle and rail mount with red dot. Definitely adding a light to the fore grip once I find a cost effective but good rail mounted light

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

New to shotguns and this site...

Hi all just got my first shotgun...Mossberg 88. Made it my own by painting it. What u think?!?!

Re: New to shotguns and this site...

Welcome from OH. Enjoy the site.

Wow, invisible camo! LOL...but seriously, post up a pic of your 88. Everyone on here loves to see other's creativity.

I think I'd like to see some pics. :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

Welcome from MI!!

Hello Slim. Welcome to the forum from NY and congrats on your new Mav88. :) You get a chance post a pic or two. :D

Back