• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Maverick 88 trigger problem

Fishin John

Copper BB
I did the initial cleaning of my new Mav 88 and when I reassembled it, the trigger group didn't work. I found that if I push the trigger to the left as I squeeze it, it will strike......any ideas what's happening? I never took apart the trigger group. Help please!

Take it apart and reassemble it. Inspect the parts before you put them back in. You should never force anything into place as things can bend. Test the trigger assembly while out but don't let the hammer smash on the inside the the trigger assembly--put a rag and/or finger over it to cushion the impact. It is possible a pin slid out of place. Gootoob has a plethora of 500 disassembly/reassembly videos including the trigger. Good Luck and Welcome Aboard! :)

Take it apart and reassemble it. Inspect the parts before you put them back in. You should never force anything into place as things can bend. Test the trigger assembly while out but don't let the hammer smash on the inside the the trigger assembly--put a rag and/or finger over it to cushion the impact. It is possible a pin slid out of place. Gootoob has a plethora of 500 disassembly/reassembly videos including the trigger. Good Luck and Welcome Aboard! :)
Thank you for your help.

Back