• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

MB & XD pics

XDream9

.22LR
DSC_0255.JPG DSC_0257.JPG DSC_0261.JPG DSC_0256.JPG
Hi All,
Here are a couple of pics of my new MB 20ga with Condor Scabbard and Blackhawk 15 shot sling. Also pics of my Springfield XD Sub Compact 9mm and the holster that I made for it a while back.
Hopefully I can figure out how to attach the photos.

Thanks for lookin

Randy

Great pics! I got to shoot an XD Sub Compact 9mm a couple months ago. I really liked it. I've been seriously thinking about getting the XD Mod 2 9mm.

Yes I really love the XD SC. I had a 4" service XD also that I really liked, but the SC is perfect. I've not tried the Mod 2 yet. That XS Big Dot front bead replacement sight really makes sight acquisition much easier on the Mossy and it was a really easy mod. Now just looking for a good Weapon Light for it and I will be set. (any suggestions?)

Randy

Well I found the light I want. (InForce WMLX) Really having trouble finding a mag tube mount w/rail that fits a 20ga.

Randy

Randy,

I put an Inforce WML on my 12ga 590A1. After about 300 rounds, the switch broke internally. It is back at Inforce for warranty. I am wondering if the WML can handle the 12ga. Did you end up putting the WMLX on your 20ga? If so, how many rounds has it seen? Any problems?

I put an Inforce WML on my 12ga 590A1. After about 300 rounds, the switch broke internally.
I am really starting hear a lot about these breaking now that they been out for a while
IMO the best bang for the buck built in rail mounted light is still the TLR-1 series

I just bought an XDs 3.3" 9mm but it won't clear DOJ til next weds.

Smallest I could buy here. Anything else is about sold out.

How are you guys liking the Springfield pistols?

oli - that is exactly what I am considering putting on it if the WML can't handle the 12ga - I like the ergonomics of the WML, but if it won't be reliable, it has to go

I have wondered about using the TLR-1 "as-is" with the switches on the back versus using the remote switches. I have a Magpul forend on my 590A1. So I would mount the light at about 10:00 on the left side to activate with my left thumb. Or I could mount the light in the same spot and put the remote switch on the opposite side to activate with my fingers. Any opinions?

oli - that is exactly what I am considering putting on it if the WML can't handle the 12ga - I like the ergonomics of the WML, but if it won't be reliable, it has to go
unless you get a dud, I guarantee the TLR-1 will handle whatever you throw at it .....if tape switches are your thing , they sell an adapter to convert to a tape switch......I like the paddle

I am really starting hear a lot about these breaking now that they been out for a while
IMO the best bang for the buck built in rail mounted light is still the TLR-1 series

I want streamlight to come out with a TLR3 that has a full aluminum housing like the rest of the line up and sits a little closer to the gun. I like the TLR1, but it's still a little big on anything less than a full size handgun. Like off that CZ... damn perfect!

I want streamlight to come out with a TLR3 that has a full aluminum housing like the rest of the line up and sits a little closer to the gun. I like the TLR1, but it's still a little big on anything less than a full size handgun. Like off that CZ... damn perfect!
that's what they should have done from the gate, those poly housings give at the clamp I hear
......I swear the TLR-1 was made for the SP-01, it dosent fit anything else I got as nice and perfect ....the paddle and the trigger guard

Hey guys I have bee so busy with work the last few months I have not even been on the forums. Below are a couple of answers to questions from awhile ago.

bkfamily - I did not go with the Inforce. I opted for a Klarus XT11 mounted to the very front of the mag tube. Love the light and it is solid as a rock. I can operate all functions with my thumb when the action is forward. Just about perfect in my opinion.

CaddmannQ - My XD sub compact is the 3rd XD I have owned. I had two of the 4" service models before. I really shoot the SC better and it's easier to carry all the time.

I just finished putting a stipple job on my XD. Took about an hour and turned out great. I am going to do the same thing to the MB 20ga. but that one will take quite a bit longer. Once 'm done I'll post some new pics with the Klarus and stipple job. (Just to show it off a bit)

Randy

Thanks XDream9.

Here's a pic of my XDs-9 and my MK-3 Ruger. These are two of the nicest shooters I've ever tried.
I've had 200 rounds through the XDs and it has been a dream to shoot, except that one time I caught a finger in the ejection port.
I only did that once...o_O Ouch!

2gunz.jpg

Thanks Xdream9. I ended up moving the WML to an AR and put a TLR1 on the 12ga. I will check out the Klarus.

Now if it would just warm up and stay that way, I could get to the outdoor range.

Back