• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Medicinal plants and stuff

That's very nice DJ.

I looked the trillium up, and it's being used to treat the specific type of cancer that my Mom has.
John I have a good quantity around here, no idea how to use or prepare but if ya do and you need or want I will surely send as much as I can gather for you

I don't know how to use it, but I can see if I can research it.

She's currently taking some kind of genome immuno-therapy medicine that has been working great. Since Multiple Myeloma technically has no cure they can't tell her she's in remission because she has to continue treatments for the rest of her life, but the cancer counts are down into the low single digits, which is in the "normal" range for anyone that doesn't really have that kind of cancer. So, the immunotherapy has been working great, compared to the stem cell transplant she took at Christmas 2010 and the other different kinds of chemo she has had since.

But I'll see what I can find out about the trillium and may have to go that route in the future. I don't think anyone knows what's going to go on in the near or far future.

I'm goin to edit the post and say thank you since I thought I did in my first sentence and apparently didn't. Thank you.

DID YOU KNOW...
Purple Dead Nettle...
A member of the mint family, was brought here from the mediterranian sea area. this plant is a weed that spreads rapidly by seeds. It is all edible, but it has very little smell or taste. It is high in vitamin c, iron, and fibre. it is very useful for stopping bleeding, menstrual hemorrhaging, dressing wounds and burns, diarrhea, and many other ailment
Purple dead nettle has other medicinal benefits. It is known in the herbal world as being astringent, diuretic, diaphoretic and purgative. It's also anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, and anti-fungal. The leaves can be used on external wounds or cuts, or as a poultice, similar to how you would use yarrow or plantain.

dead knettle.JPG

I wish I knew about wild plants. That's just another of the many subjects I have very little knowledge of. I need to get a book that would guide me if the need arises.

Thanks for posting.

My great great grandfather was a shaman.

My Grandmother knew a lot about what plants did what.

Unfortunately, when I was young and my grandmother was alive, like most kids and teenagers do, just assumed that she would always be there to tell me things I needed to know and took it for granted. I didn't save a lot of in my permanent memory like I should have, so when she passed away, a lot of knowledge was lost with her unfortunately.

I blame no one but myself for that, but when you're a teenager with your whole life ahead of you, just looks different than when most of your life is behind you. I know that now, but sure didn't know it then.

I am having to learn a lot of things as she knew right off the top of her head and knew exactly where to find it.

There are many medicinal plant books by the region you live. I have a fairly large eastern US plant books that is extensive.

DID YOU KNOW...
Purple Dead Nettle...
A member of the mint family, was brought here from the mediterranian sea area. this plant is a weed that spreads rapidly by seeds. It is all edible, but it has very little smell or taste. It is high in vitamin c, iron, and fibre. it is very useful for stopping bleeding, menstrual hemorrhaging, dressing wounds and burns, diarrhea, and many other ailment
Purple dead nettle has other medicinal benefits. It is known in the herbal world as being astringent, diuretic, diaphoretic and purgative. It's also anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, and anti-fungal. The leaves can be used on external wounds or cuts, or as a poultice, similar to how you would use yarrow or plantain.

View attachment 23043
Good info, I have patches of it all along my woodline.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Homeschool is pretty cool, my baby picked dandelions, processed them and made beautiful jelly, crystal golden clear tastes like a floral honey0417201742.jpg 0417202053a.jpg 0419202111a.jpg 0420201508.jpg

Back