• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mesa Tactical side saddles (w/ rail & w/o rail)

Has anyone had any issues with the Mesa Tactical side saddles warping the trigger pin holes?
I saw a YouTube clip on this that happened to a Benelli, but was wondering if any Mossbergs had this happen.
Here's the link.

For this reason, I'm thinking about the side saddle that attaches to the factory drilled holes on the top of the receiver.

http://mesatactical.com/products/sureshell-carrier-and-rail-for-moss-500-6-shell-12-ga-4-in/

Has anyone had the shells fall out due to the rubber lined shell holders?

I have one and haven't seen a problem but I don't put tons of rounds through it....a good bit of heavy loads though

the rubber is good and they give your two choices in the package .....the rubber could be a little better and my only gripe if I had to come up with one ......never lost a shell but had some move around

Can you still see the bead easily through the groove on the rail? I am in the market for a side saddle, but I saw the same video. Now I am not too sure which way to go.

Howey, my set up is the side saddle only.
I am betting you can see the bead but also betting the shots will be high because the bead is designed to be used with the top surface of the receiver

oli700, yeah I guess it would skew the POI. I guess as long as I use the bead sight (actually white dot), I will stay away from the picatinny rail. Thanks.

Back