• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Midwayusa is seriously sucking lately

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
I just wanted to vent a little.

I have been a midayusa customer for close to 20 years . Matter of fact, I even had a dealer account with them for many years while they offered that.

But, they stopped that several years ago too. Old Larry must not have been making enough money from dealers to keep doing it. It wasn't a large discount anyway really. And some items weren't discounted at all either.

I've had pretty decent customer service from them in the past returning defective items, but I've never had any problems with undelivered items.

Until now.

I've been on the phone for almost a half an hour about a small order that I placed back at the first of the year. I made the mistake of pushing the button to cancel an order. That call was never answered. Just kept saying call volumes were high and expect a 2 minute wait.

20 minutes later, I hang up and call straight back and press the button to make an order.

They picked up the call in less than a minute.

I tell the lady I have a problem with an order and want to cancel it and get a refund.

It was scheduled to be delivered ETA 1/8/17.

Then got rescheduled by the postal service to 1/11.

Fast forward to today, and I still don't have it. Despite that they've re-routed the box to Indiana, it's been three places in Missouri, been to two places in Tennessee, and has been stuck in Atlanta Georgia for a while too.

So, after a week and a half of being patient, I am not patient anymore and wanted to cancel the order.

CSR at midway, won't cancel the order until they get it back. I told her that I can't send it back when it's never been delivered.

Put on hold, spoke to CSR again, and it's been delayed because of the recent snowstorms.

I tell the lady that's not right because it's been all around the country and the temperatures here have been in the 60's, and Atlanta Georgia has been in the mid 70's. Ain't no snow anywhere between them and me.

I told her that if it ever does shows up, I will gladly refuse it and send it back because at this point, I'm seriously upset, but I made it a point to tell her that even if the order does make it back there, I won't be coming back and I meant it. And I also told her that if it doesn't arrive in the next 3 days, I will contact my card and dispute it altogether because I'm seriously not handling excuses and don't appreciate them trying to lie to me and blow smoke up my...

midway.PNG

Oh wow! I haven't had any trouble with them at all and have a package scheduled to be delivered Thursday or Friday. So far it's looking good and it's already gone to the USPS sort facility in cincy.

I'm really surprised by this and hope they can get you figured out but I really would have expected more from their CS in the way of trying to help you.

Yeah, I don't like a customer service rep interupting me and trying to talk over me when I'm trying to explain to her that there are no snow storms in the southern states of the USA. I'm certain that's probably what she was told to tell me while I was on hold, but that doesn't make whoever that was right either. That was just rude.

While I was trying to be patient, that crawled under my skin. I felt like I was listenting to an episode of jerry springer when one person is trying to be the one that's right just because they are louder.

She didn't even ask for the tracking info or anything.

Perhaps she had it in front of her, but that's really no excuse.

Matter of fact, the temps being in the mid 60's the last several days, it's actually unseasonably warm.

She told me it would take a week to process the refund even after they get it back. That's going to be a week or two before I get a refund. That's not how you should treat a long time customer.

What's really takes the cake, it's a $10 muzzle attachment. It's not like there's five or six hundred dollars of parts in the box. Though I have ordered more than that from them in a single order before.

It's a freaking muzzle thread protector. Lost a customer over a $10 part.

Wow.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/77...conf-_-shippingconf-_-ProductShippedTodayLink

Sorry to hear John. While Midway is not my one stop shop anymore, I've not had those kind of shipping issues. My orders usually arrive two days later. My gripe is their shipping rates. They seem pretty high, and the "special birthday pricing" is laughable. I only shop Midway when I get gift cards. And always browse clearance section first.

I had like a $400 shipment go missing, but they needed to let UPS do a search for it, but was very quick to get it out once UPS/USPS said it was lost (it was in the transition between the two for final delivery).

Got to remember, once it leaves MidwayUSA, it is out of their hands. When I called, I got someone within a minute or two, and they were very helpful and wanted to make sure everything gets resolved.

I use MidwayUSA when I have a bunch of stuff I want to get for a build. Usually get it all at a decent price.

When they tender the package to whichever shipping company they use, that is to an extent as far as they can go in that they have good faith that the shipping company will do what they are paid to do.

But they're still responsible for it until it is delivered though. And even after that if something is not right with an item or something is wrong with the order.

FWIW, mail has already ran today. No surprise, it wasn't delivered today either.

Matter of fact, still says Atlanta ga and there is no change.

I feel kinda petty for even feeling the way I do, and I am generally a patient man. But CS didn't give two hoots. Said if I wanted a refund, I'd have to return it. Which obviously, I can't do if I've not gotten it after 2 weeks to return it in the first place.

If it were my CS I would have them be courteous and sympathetic, not go into denial mode. But they should tell you to go to https://www.usps.com/help/missing-mail.htm to start a search first. That is the place to start.

Then I'd send you out another $10 part [no charge] with a thank you note for being my customer. Would you be back?

Why, you know I would. But I'm pretty easy going. You wouldn't even have to give me the part at that point nor did I expect or ask them to. All I wanted was a refund for something that was not delivered.

I don't think that's too much to ask.

Larry Potterfield and midwayusa, if you ever read this topic, and I seriously hope you do, I don't want you to wonder why I stopped doing business with you.

And also, that CSR has no business trying to talk over me and interrupt me when I was trying to tell her there are no snow storms in this whole region that would delay a package for more than a week. Just because she repeated herself more loudly than I was talking, changes nothing.

This stuff always sucks. I went through the same thing with a new computer that ended up sitting on a loading dock in Indiana for a week. When it should have gone from Florida to California.

But I just got my order from Midway yesterday and I have to say that I've ordered from them several times and their stuff has always been on time so far.

Everything I've ordered from them has come by UPS Ground by the way.

Last edited:
Bummer John. I've orderred a lot from Midway over the years and have never had a problem. Unfortunately it goes like that until you do...

But they're still responsible for it until it is delivered though. And even after that if something is not right with an item or something is wrong with the order.

FWIW, mail has already ran today. No surprise, it wasn't delivered today either.

Matter of fact, still says Atlanta ga and there is no change.

I feel kinda petty for even feeling the way I do, and I am generally a patient man. But CS didn't give two hoots. Said if I wanted a refund, I'd have to return it. Which obviously, I can't do if I've not gotten it after 2 weeks to return it in the first place.

If it comes down as lost, yes, MidwayUSA is responsible to resend. The claim they make through the shipper would cover it. If it is their fault in regards to sending the wrong stuff or forgetting something, definitely them. But, for like what happened with me at CTD, if I order OD rails instead of FDE (which I really wanted), it isn't their responsibility to cater to me. CTD did send me the correct ones at no cost, and said to keep the wrong ones... but they didn't have to.

However, if tracking shows it is still moving... technically, it isn't lost. That isn't MidwayUSA's fault that the shipper sent it on a cross country tour, and why should they be out the money to cancel the order... and then if it shows up, most people won't send it back. Shipping claim won't refund, as it was delivered.

I would contact the shipping company (UPS, then USPS) and see what they say. If they say that the shipper must contact them, call up MidwayUSA and say what they told them to do. Talk to a supervisor if you aren't helped.

I'm sorry, but I cannot say to condemn MidwayUSA for crappy service by UPS/USPS. Going Economy shipping resulted in what occurred, because for a little more, your order wouldn't have crossed shippers prior to delivery. Is it fair to have happen? Nope, but MidwayUSA isn't at fault for it.

John, didn't you have a similar issue, a year or two ago? You had a package make about 3 laps around the midwest.

Yes. I did diesel.

screwball, I'm not disputing that it's up to the usps to deliver the box. But they haven't, and despite the fact, midway won't cancel the order or refund my money. I ordered it on 1/3. That's 2 weeks ago my friend. I feel that I have been more than patient.

And for the record, it was originally scheduled to be delivered by 1/8.

That came and went.

Then it got mixed up.

Then usps rescheduled it to 1/11.

Even then, it's still not been delivered.

I spoke to my postmaster this morning. She said nothing she can do.

Nothing midway will do.

I guess the only alternative is to contact my bank and dispute it for undelivered goods tomorrow. I'm all out of options.

If usps does decide to deliver it one of these days, I'll refuse it.

Just one of those things..... like the Bermuda triangle. Lol. Sorry John, not to poke fun. Clearly aggravating. The CS especially.

screwball, I'm not disputing that it's up to the usps to deliver the box. But they haven't, and despite the fact, midway won't cancel the order or refund my money. I ordered it on 1/3. That's 2 weeks ago my friend. I feel that I have been more than patient.

And for the record, it was originally scheduled to be delivered by 1/8.

That came and went.

Then it got mixed up.

Then usps rescheduled it to 1/11.

Even then, it's still not been delivered.

I spoke to my postmaster this morning. She said nothing she can do.

Nothing midway will do.

I guess the only alternative is to contact my bank and dispute it for undelivered goods tomorrow. I'm all out of options.

If usps does decide to deliver it one of these days, I'll refuse it.

When mine went missing, I contacted UPS. They are the ones that are supposed to do most of the leg work (they have a specific contract with USPS, just like FedEx and Amazon). They specifically told me that the shipper was the only one that can start the trace. I would have suggested doing that... even if it is in USPS possession.

But how can you say that MidwayUSA just should refund you with no idea on it? Whether it is 2 days or 20, the tracking didn't abruptly stop... so it is still accountable (mine said transferring to post office, but no acceptance for four days). So, they refund you and it pops up a few days later... which they cannot stop in transit. Yes, you say that you'd refuse it... but is that fair to give someone's word on? Not saying anything bad about you, but there are plenty of people in this world that wouldn't care. And in this day and age, that is what people should expect out of others. Sad, but true.

Let's say it was in the reverse, and you sold something to someone online. While you are responsible to make sure it gets to them, do you just refund them without getting the insurance claim even started or doing any investigating on? Then, if it arrives... no insurance, and you are beat for the money you sent back and the product. Sorry, but that isn't good business sense to just refund without hesitation. Should they? For as much as they been helpful to me over the years... yes, I'm shocked they wouldn't. But it isn't something that should have been expected.

In regards to the excuses, if you look on any shipper's tracking page, the time that your shipment was sent, they all had delays due to storms on them (I know because I had things moving to/from me from a little before Christmas to the present; sent a rifle back to Virginia this past week, and noticed weather statements on the tracking page for UPS). Even if the weather is great between you two, trucks/planes get diverted into better conditioned areas, in turn, delaying people that weren't originally effected. I wouldn't get upset with someone repeating that... especially with the weather across the country over the past month. They are MidwayUSA customer service representatives... not meteorologists or transportation experts.

But when someone does get upset, start complaining about the company, saying they will never buy there again, and threatens to dispute the charge... what exactly does that do to some random person who just happened to get you on the phone that day? I know people that worked in customer service, and mostly all of them comment on the worse callers and the crap that comes out of their mouths. Nobody calls customer service to say what a great job delivering those goods, but some people tend to go off half cocked on the first person that doesn't give them the right answer. Having to come on here and vent, it does look like that got under your skin...

But that is neither here nor there. I've had good experience with MidwayUSA, in a similar situation, and will continue to buy from them. I disagree with them being at fault. I hope that the situation gets resolved as painlessly as possible for you.

I was very clear with the lady on the phone, nor was I mean to her. Perhaps that's just what you expect from stranger, but if you looked around the forum a while, I think you'd see that I am a pretty patient guy. Though it has limits. I think I did ask her to stop interrupting me once, though she didn't.

At that point, I asked her how long it would take to process the refund once they got it back (she said a week), I did tell her that if it wasn't here by late this week that I would have no other alternative than to dispute the charges.

If the company won't issue a refund on an item that I have never gotten, what alternative do you offer?

If the company won't issue a refund on an item that I have never gotten, what alternative do you offer?

But as I said, it is still being tracked... that means it still is on its way. It is identical to it not coming at the expected arrival, then demanding a refund.

I don't know what your discussion was with USPS, but did you actually try to call UPS? When that shipping does transfer to the post office, it is usually done at one local to you. And I've had UPS deliver such packages themselves, as they were delivering other things... so easier to toss on the same truck (their tracking would say as much). They technically are the shipper, and USPS just is contracted for final delivery.

The alternative is that I wouldn't attempt to circumvent MidwayUSA's return policy because you picked the cheaper shipping and got screwed. As you said, it is a $10 part. You can dispute what you want, but I do feel when the card company contacts MidwayUSA and the issue is discussed, they will side with them (but if it does come, is refused, and is returned to them, I'm sure they will just refund at that time).

My order that went missing was $405ish, for my FDE AR build. I was very calm, and gave them all of the info from UPS... and they were very understanding/knowledgeable of the upcoming process. Woman told me it takes a few days for the trace to come back, and if lost, they will ship out without issue. Confirmed everything I ordered, and made sure it was all in stock. Few days later, a new order was emailed to me, and shipped out that same day. Never saw that original order, and I'm guessing someone at UPS or USPS walked off with it.

Personally, I don't know you. And even if you are the nicest person on here (not making judgement either way), we are getting one side of the story. You can record your conversation, give it to five people, and have five different takes on whether the person was nice/rude/whatever else. Even if you were extremely pleasant to the representative (sorry, but your posts do not give off that vibe... and understood regarding the situation), that is MidwayUSA's return policy to not refund unless the item is returned/concluded to be lost in shipping. When you click "Submit Order," you agree to that return policy.

Was this tbrough USPS?

They have the worst tracking system. I've had multiple issues with USPS over the years with misrouting, misdeliveries, etc. It always worked itself out over time. Their scanning and trackjng systen is not nearly as good as FedEx or UPS who can always tell me precisely where anything is at any given time.

I didn't contact UPS because there was no need. For 2 reasons.

1. They would've told me that the shipper would have to contact them and it would have been a waste of my time altogether and...

2. UPS had already tendered it to the USPS, which has had possession of it since 1/7 when it arrived at Knoxville.

So, that's why I called my local postmaster.

Knoxville is the last stop then to where it is transferred locally for delivery. Normally, except they put it on the wrong truck and it went to Indiana, back to Missouri where it started from and then to Atlanta, where it has not been updated in 3-4 days. No further updates. No further movement.

You are correct that I could give a recorded conversation to 5 different people for their take on it, but that's not what's important.

It's my take on it is what matters because I was there, and she was rude.

Doesn't really matter to me if you think so or not. Doesn't really matter to me who you spoke to or how your claim was handled. I know I wasn't rude or mean to her. But my claim isn't being handled at all.

I didn't like being interrupted in mid sentence when I was trying to explain to her that there are no snowstorms in the entire region that the package and I both are in, and then I really didn't like it when she interrupted me and raised the volume of her voice to talk over top of me.

Rude.

Back