• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

MikeD's 450 Bushmaster build thread!!

More progress tonight. Got the scope mounts installed, lapped, scope mounted, aligned and everything torqed and lock-tite'd.

Also finished as much of the lower as I could. Still waiting on the fde grip.

2017-10-13 20.20.47.jpg 2017-10-13 20.23.40.jpg
Once the rest of the parts arrive (eta tomorrow) all I need to do is add a bit of the camo to break up the outline and shoot it.

Looking good.

From guessing, this gun will probably be very lightweight and a good brush gun.

Yeah, I noticed it looked a little green but figured it was the camera or something LOL

I have also noticed that just about everyones fde is different.

From looking at the picture that has the ejection port door and upper and lower differences in color, the lower looks more like coyote tan in that picture.

And for what it's worth, I like coyote better than fde any day of the week.

Well done, Mike. I’ve been watching your build with interest as I’m currently building my first ever lower on my CNC. I like how yours came together. Nice work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like this little thumper!!!!

I made it out to Williams Gun Sight for an hour this morning to shoot it for the first time. All shots were at 100 yards with factory 250gr Hornady black box ammo.

2017-10-21 12.51.35.jpg
Right bull on right target is my first string of three after boresighting.

Left bull on right target is next three after adjusting scope. My best group of the day.

Not bad for the first 6 shots. The Geissele two stage trigger rocks, scary crisp.

Left target are more shots after adjusting the scope to be about 2" high at 100.

Center, lower circle of right target was last 6 shots.

Had a few loading issues, if you slap the mag in too hard with an open bolt the round tips up and will jam on loading. Will have to play around and see if its a mag issue or just inherent to this round.

This kicks about as bad as a 20g with field loads. I can feel it after shooting a whole box. Due to some shoulder issues I really can't take to much any more.

Very nice Mike ! Good shooting. Thats some strong medicine. I feel ya on the shoulder issues. I also can only take so much big thumps at one sitting anymore.
You handled em well i like that gun !

If he knew how much the guy painting it fought with his airbrushes, he'd really be impressed LOL

Lil late to the party here...but that's a really nice looking rig Mike. Hope you can bag your buck with it. Good luck!!!

Back