• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Misaligned Barrel in MVP Stock

swclark25

Copper BB
Purchased a new MVP Predator with 24 inch barrel at the end of Nov-13. Noticed that barrel is not aligned properly in stock. See pics. I have not fired gun yet or taken off the stock. Does anyone have experience with Mossberg service to correct this issue? I plan to call them tomorrow. Also, I noticed that poster eduardobibm had a similar issue in posting "New MVP Predator Potentially Defective" in May-13. Didn't see how his issue turned out.

I'm looking forward to p-dog shooting spring and need my MVP to be ready to go. Appreciate any help.

Attachments

• barrel1.gif
    barrel1.gif
    8.2 KB · Views: 228
  • barrel 2.gif
    barrel 2.gif
    31.6 KB · Views: 226
Welcome to the forum from NY. Sorry to see you have a problem. I'm sure Mossberg CS will be able to help you out. Keep us posted.

Thanks old mossy. Talked to Ignacio in Mossberg Customer Service today. He gave me shipping instructions and I mailed the gun off today. He said they are looking at 7-14 day turnaround to resolve issues.

My varmint came like that. I took it out of stock looked at it put it back in stock lined it up tightened screws and was good to go.

Mine was also off to one side. I took the reciever/barrel out, looked over and put back while I held straight. All is good. I tightened the front bolt first, then the rear-if that matters.

Yup loosen the screws center the barrel and tighten them back up front first real second. They don't need to be overly tight either just a little more than snug,

Back