• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Missing Swivel Stud

When I bought my 590A1 it didn't know it, but I was missing the swivel stud. So I called (they never answered their email in a timely fashion so I called) and talked to someone about trying to get a replacement for the swivel stud.

I don't know why, but the person I was talking to had no clue of what I was talking about until I mentioned that it was (I thought) part # 12030. BINGO. That was it. And they shipped it free of charge to me and I got it in about 5 days.

Here it attached to my 590A1:
3d17f8bd-7f09-4caf-9416-a70ee9205097_zpsd7774144.jpg

Do you think I need to use Loctite or something to make sure it doesn't screw off? It didn't have much thread on it.

Here's the image of it from MidwayUSA's website with the washer already on it.
becf8593-44bd-40ad-a137-4e8ed4c3970c_zpse3fad80f.jpg

I can't figure why they skimped so much on the length of the stud, with only a couple of threads? The depth of the threaded hole is approx. 7/16" and has maybe 10 threads. IMO, had the stud been up to 4X longer, it would have been a much stronger fixture for a sling attachment.

Back