• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

MMR barrel style/diameter

Think of it as a gradual taper in diameter from the chamber to the muzzle.

A heavy barrel maintains the same relative diameter from one end to the other for increased rigidity. A government profile barrel has a dramatic reduction in diameter just past the chamber to reduce weight and promote faster cooling. The target profile is a sort of blend of the two profiles to incorporate the benefits of each...

Think of it as a gradual taper in diameter from the chamber to the muzzle.

A heavy barrel maintains the same relative diameter from one end to the other for increased rigidity. A government profile barrel has a dramatic reduction in diameter just past the chamber to reduce weight and promote faster cooling. The target profile is a sort of blend of the two profiles to incorporate the benefits of each...

Thanks LES, I Have an MVP and it has a medium bull 24"bbl. I have seen barrels described as pencil or sporter barrels. Seems like they are a strong taper from receiver to muzzle, right? Pretty skinny and light weight and that is what I want to stay away from. I want something with some meat.

Does the MMR Hunter have a barrel somewhat heavier than a sporter/pencil type? That is the only spec I cannot find.

Haven't handled one and I can't seem to pull up any definite specs, but from all the images I've seen it's definitely not a pencil barrel. Looks more like a medium bull to me...

Haven't handled one and I can't seem to pull up any definite specs, but from all the images I've seen it's definitely not a pencil barrel. Looks more like a medium bull to me...
It is hard to tell with the handguard being so much bigger in diameter. But it did not look like a pencil barrel. I wish someone had one in stock. Closest is Gander. About 25 miles away. I may have to call them and take a drive if they have one.

Thanks for the help.
h

Back