• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Model 353 Safety Lever problem

Carmine

Copper BB
I was given a Model 353 from a friend, the original owner, who purchased it new in 1975. It has been in his closet since about 1980 and was never cleaned. It's was in fairly decent shape with a need for a serious cleaning. During the disassembly and cleaning I noticed that the safety lever was jury rigged onto the safety pin post with a piece of wire due to a missing safety retaining ring. My friend doesn't remember the circumstances of this. I ordered a new retaining ring from Numrich but it’s not even close to fitting correctly. The retaining ring barely clips on and it's too thin for the application. I called Numrich thinking it may be the wrong part but they don’t have a clue. According to the schematic it’s correct. I was hoping to talk to a technical expert at Numrich but that's not going to happen. I’m at wits end and was just hoping to get some help from anyone that is familiar with this model. I really appreciate any help.

First off,welcome to the forum from NY.
You want to call Havlin. they are the pros on older Mossberg's.
Havlin (636) 937-6401

Back