• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Model Identification Help: Which Mossberg 500 Do I Have?

Re: Which Mossberg 500 Do You Have?

boon said:
500 ATP

24 1/2 inch barrel with front and rear sights,8 shot tube ,wooden stock /forend

Sweet Boon! Get a pic of that beauty posted posted up!

Oh, and as youre able, stop by the "New Member" area and let us know how you found us or I'll be stalking you!!! lol!

My Thunderstick...

Mossberg 500 Cruiser...12guage...8 shot...20"barrel...heat shield...bead sight

MOSSBERG500CRUISERsmall-1.jpg

SHOOTER, The Persuader is one of my favorites! I just recently put a Hogue OM stock and forend set on it!

Sounds like a nice setup...let's see some pics, 'por favor' :mrgreen:

Real nice setup ya got there Rossignol...which optic is that ?

Also...liking Mudinyeri's setup. Trench broom...sweet!!

Thanks man, and I agree, Toby's 500 is lookin sweet!

Thats the Bushnell 1 x 32 Trophy Red Dot MP with both red and green "T" reticle with 5 brightness setting for each and 3 MOA dot. Nice sight, I havent been able to work with it much yet. I think its RipJack who has the same sight and said his was zero out of the box. No such luck with mine, I'll get it though!

I have the 20" 500 in desert camo...not sure the model number. It has a full length stock, not the pistol grip that came with the JIC pacakge. I found it at a Dick's Sporting Goods, on clearance no less, a few years ago, and I have never seen this gun anywhere else!

One night at the range someone commented that it would be nice for hunting camels because of the camo pattern, so now everyone at the club affectionately refers to it as my "camel gun" or my "camel swatter." :roll:

Do you have any pictures of it?

Very Cool! I've only seen the camo pattern like this in the JIC model. This is the first I've seen with the stock!

That is a first for me; looks great though!

Project 500 HD Police Service

Well I picked up a Mossy 500A a while back for $75.00 with the intention of building a cruiser gun after giving up the last departmental short barrel 590 to another officer who needed it more than I did. :cry: The shoty came with a rifled slug barrel as well as the standard vented rib barrel with screw in chokes. This is it...

I'll be adding more pics as I move along with this project since it won't let me attach more than three. I hope that I will be able to post replies in this same thread to show the progress. Back with more shortly.

Wolfgang

Attachments

• HPIM3460.JPG
    HPIM3460.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 846
  • HPIM3462.JPG
    HPIM3462.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 845
  • HPIM3461.JPG
    HPIM3461.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 845
Re: Project 500 HD Police Service

Back with more on the project. This is the shotgun that the 500 will be replacing...

I have used this shotgun for several years for both duty and for training and I couldn't begin to say how many rounds have been put through it with not one single problem of any sort. With the short tube it is very handy and easy to manuver with both in the sense of getting it in and out of the rack in the car to actually using it inside of tight quarters. I have absolutely no complaints with the 590.

The only plus that I can see in having to give it up is that I get to build a new gun as a project! :lol:

Stand by for more.....

Best,

Wolfgang

Attachments

• HPIM3467.JPG
    HPIM3467.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 844
  • HPIM3473.JPG
    HPIM3473.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 843
  • HPIM3474.JPG
    HPIM3474.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 843

I look forward to seeing this project evolve. What barrel will you be using for police duty? That Mossberg 590A1 is sweet with the short barrel.

Ooooh, Sweet!!! Thats the 14" compact yes?

The barrel that I'm going to use I just got a few days ago off off gunbroker for about $75.00. It's an 18" cylinder bore with the marine coat finish on it. This is the barrel...

And this is the sight that I am currently fitting for the barrel to replace the small brass bead... My eyes are getting old enough that I don't pick up that little bead very well anymore and certainly not in low light. :( The Meprolight TRUDOT will make indexing the gun on target a whole lot easier for me in any light condition.

Rossignol, you would be correct! The departmental 590's all have the 14" tubes on them. I really just don't feel like jumping through the hoops to buy my own SBS so I am going with an 18" tube and avoiding the hassles. :|

Stay tuned for more....

Wolfgang

Attachments

• HPIM3485.JPG
    HPIM3485.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 829
  • HPIM3484.JPG
    HPIM3484.JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 829
  • HPIM3479.JPG
    HPIM3479.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 829

Dude, Those Meprolight tritiums are nice! I just recently put the Meprolight tritium bead back on my 590A1 to replace that little black bead! lol! Much easier on the eyes to pick up the white ringed dot!

I saw a stainless 590A1 barrel not too long ago, woulda bought it but it was for the 18.5"... wasnt gonna work with my 8 rd magazine! :lol:

Back