• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

More 200 yard slugs

oli700

12g
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
Not shooting that good all day but I hit it a couple of times, video is a little better then my last attempt but for some reason we weren’t hearing the gong report the shot.
If you make it full screen you can see the slugs fly to the target…camera zoomed as far as it would go so the video still not great

I don’t know how to edit or anything about video so PLEASE DO NOT WATCH IF OFFENDED BY FOUL LANGUAGE!

Thanks, It is out of a mossberg 500 8 shot , 20 inch smooth bore, Centurion 1 1/8 oz rifled slug, micro reflex green dot

IMG_0054.jpg

oli700 said:
Thanks, It is out of a mossberg 500 8 shot , 20 inch smooth bore, Centurion 1 1/8 oz rifled slug, micro reflex green dot

IMG_0054.jpg

Wow! Now that is impressive, 200yd hits with a smooth bore 20" :eek:

Is that the Burris reflex dot? Been looking at those, too.

Nice looking stick you have there ;)

Half the credit goes to the spotter on that. Few more sessions and I will be able without him if I don’t change rounds. On the centurion slug the wad stays with it stabilizing it during flight. I have never had a failure inside 100 yards but out around 170-200 some of the wads were falling off and causing problems. 200 yards not that practical but it is fun….I imagine it would sit someone down though.

That is a clone of a fastfire made by Primary Arms. It is sitting in a Burris mount though. I really wanted green dot and Burris doesn’t offer FF in green so I settled for this….I’m glad because this turned out to be an excellent sight …I am very pleased, and that’s rare LOL. If you go for the PA or Burris I highly recommend the protector base mount. I don’t abuse my guns but they are tools to me and need to be able to take a hit and the sight by itself is weak, the protector is awesome allows you not to baby it.
IMG_0035-1-1.jpg

IMG_0042.jpg

So Burris sells the mount separately? I'm aware of Primary Arms, very good price - even if some of the brand snobs put their noses up to them.

How much was the mount?

I want to say the mount was around 50 and the sight was around 80. PA has been good so far got one of the m4 style tubes on my bros YHM AR and it is very nice....I love the PA stuff but if Burris offered green dot I would never had known.The sight will fit any FF base.

Thanks.

on a side note please excuse the trash...3 or 4 days before clean up and some of the shooters leave their crap behind for clean up day, which I hate

Back