What's new
Mossberg Owners

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

More photos of the Jeep for MikeD

Hey Mike, you wanted more photos of that jeep my buddy owns so you got some. Enjoy!

I thought it would be cool to get into period correct uniform and gear for the photos so I donned a few of my buds things. I just opted to not to wear the pants or boots so don't mind the tru spec trousers :D I guess I was an honorary airborne technical corporal based on the patches for that particular top. I never realized they wore more of a khaki tan than the olive drab green color.

BTW that's an airsoft replica of a grease gun. For living history events that are non firing he usually drags airsoft replicas along but trust me, he has plenty of blank firing adapted real steel pieces in his arsenal for re enactments that do simulated fire. He has been trying to convince me for years to do a reenactment with him. As much as I'd like to I already know what a money pit getting into that hobby would involve. Partly why I've never done it. Even with borrowed gear I know one time will make me want to jump in feet first and acquire my own stuff lol.

Anyhow Mike, this is was for you as requested. Next time he does a re enactment I'll try and get some better shots of that Jeep in the field during the actual re enactment battle. Maybe with me riding along shotgun :D

Thank You Sir!!!!

Those pics are awesome. I've always had a thing for jeeps. I had an old 85 CJ7 for a while, even had the v8 swap and all. but it is too structurally rusted now to do much. I really like the willy's models but with the winters here (i.e. salt) they are hard to find in any type of decent shape.

Yea, you can see his needs a paint job and full on restoration bad. He got it from a retired general about 15 years ago. The guy was getting older and went into a retirement home and decided alot of his militaria collection would be appreciated elsewhere. His kids didn't want any of it so my friend scored big time with a bunch of the WWII and Korea era firearms and gear he has today which came from this man. The jeep was the highlight of that generous gift. Since then we've run it hard and its not been housed in a garage like it should have been though thus the rapidly fading paint and what not.

The tubs solid. Minor rust on the surface, nothing major. Its still a great candidate for a full on restoration which he intends to do some day in the near future. Fortunately I know some guys that do auto paint and body work so I think we can prep it ourselves and then hand it off to them for a good paint job. The engine is in decent enough shape. Needs some TLC but for the most part its still running like the old war horse it is. We have a lot of fun running around on that property of his in that thing which is primarily what its utilized for unless he trailers it to a re enactment.

Like the "Grease Gun" but, that stash and beard are not regulation!!

The Jeep looks like a WWII vintage. What year is it?