• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Moss 500 elevator issue

Shotgun Jeremy

.270 WIN
Hey guys, been lurking around for a while but I need a few extra minds here. My elevator on my 500 has this weird thing where I can rack it a few times and the elevator will have a prong pop out of the hole and seize my action. It does it on occasion when I shoot it as well as when I'm just function checking it. I've run well over 1,000 rnds through it, and I used to think I just wore out my elevator some how - I wasn't sure how, but this problem in general doesn't make sense to me. I got a new elevator and sure enough, 3rd rack back it popped out.

Anyone seen this before or have any logical ideas to what may be happening? I did a Google and forum search on this issue but have yet to find any solution.

Ok, I can see that. Thanks for the idea - I'm gonna check it tonight. If that doesn't seem to be the problem, I'm about ready to have the elevator holes filled and redrilled. One gunsmith suggested maybe the hole is wallered out a little bit. Hopefully I just need to straighten out an arm.

Ok, I can see that. Thanks for the idea - I'm gonna check it tonight. If that doesn't seem to be the problem, I'm about ready to have the elevator holes filled and redrilled. One gunsmith suggested maybe the hole is wallered out a little bit. Hopefully I just need to straighten out an arm.

The elevator is held in by its own outward spring tension, not really the snugness of the pins. Not sure about that "wallered" idea. ???
,,,,,but ya never know.

Mossberg Serial Numbers

Back